StarCraft: Ghost, Blizzard Entertainment’s upcoming stealth-action console game, refines the experience of StarCraft to the level of the individual soldier. Starcraft: Ghost now also features revolutionary multiplayer that combines fast and furious action with unique StarCraft elements. Apart from the usual modes, such as DM, TDM, CTF and KotH, SC:Ghost will also have a unique mode, Capture the Base. Read more for details ...
Games of 2015
Top Games of 2014
Spore is Will Wright's new direction after The Sims. Spore is a new sim/strategy game which will allow the player to control all aspects of life, from a cellular level al the way out of this galaxy. Not officially announced yet, EA opened the official website. Read more for some new screens ...
by Mark Crump on May 19, 2005 @ 12:43 p.m. PDT | Filed under Previews
Mythic announced today that the next expansion for Dark Age of Camelot will be Darkness Rising. In this expansion, you will get to interact with the each Realm's new King to stop a rising force of evil. In its early stages, we had a quick look during E3..
Check out the following new screens from Ubisoft's 2005 E3 lineup:
- '187 Ride or Die' (NGC/PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'America's Army: Rise of a Soldier' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'AND 1 Streetball' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII' (Xbox) - Screens
- 'Far Cry Instincts' (Xbox) - Screens
- 'Ghost Recon 3' (NGC/PS2/Xbox/X360/PC) - Screens
- 'Myst V' - Screens
- 'Prince of Persia: Kindred Blades' (NGC/PS2/Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'Killing Day' (PS3/X360) - 3 New Screens
Another day, another batch of game trailers were released. Instead of giving them all their own posts, we grouped them, and so far there are trailers for :
- GT Legends - E3 Trailer
- Devil Kings - E3 2005 Trailer
- The Outfit - E3 2005 Trailer
- Dark Sector - E3 2005 Trailer
- Huxley - E3 2005 Trailer
- True Crime 2 - E3 2005 Trailer
We will update this throughout the day when new trailers become available. Read more for download links ...
by Paul Reith on May 19, 2005 @ 12:21 p.m. PDT | Filed under Previews
Far Cry Instincts takes the PC version's signature locations, Full-Action Response A.I. (F.A.R. concept), and unprecedented view-distance, and combines them with improved gameplay scenarios that will challenge players to utilize an even broader range of strategies and survival tactics to uncover the many secrets within the beautiful, but deadly islands.
Czech Republic based Chaos Concept and Tri Synergy, are proud to announce the upcoming release of UFO: Extraterrestrials, a 3D tactical/strategy title with a rich and compelling sci-fi story.
Check out the following new screens from Capcom's 2005 E3 lineup:
- 'Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Devil Kings' (PS2) - Screens
- 'Final Fight: Streetwise' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Killer 7' (NGC) - Screens
- 'Megaman Zero 4' (GBA) - Screens
- 'Megaman Battle Network 5' (GBA) - Screens
- 'Megaman Battle Network 5: Double Team' (NDS) - Screens
- 'Okami' (PS2) - Screens
- 'Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' (NDS) - Screens
- 'Resident Evil 4' (PS2) - Screens
- 'Resident Evil Outbreak File #2' (PS2) - Screens
- 'Viewtiful Joe VFX Battle' (NGC/PSP) - Screens
- 'Without Warning' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
Bohemia Interactive Studio announced the development of its newwest FPS combat game, Armed Assault. Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint; Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming. Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.
While there has not been a formal announcement with details about the game, today we do have the first screenshots in our possession. King Kong game, produced by Rayman and Beyond Good & Evil creator Michel Ancel, is based on the upcoming movie by Peter Jackson. Read more to check them out ...
Check out the following new screens from Deep Silver's 2005 E3 lineup:
- 'Girlzz' - Screens
- 'Earth 2160' - Screens
- 'Rush for Berlin' - Screens
- 'Singles 2: Triple Trouble' - Screens
- 'Spellforce II' - Screens
- 'Wildlife Park 2' - Screens
- 'Paraworld' - Screens
- 'Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes' - Screens & Trailer
- 'X3: Reunion' - Screens & Trailer
- 'Heart of Empire: Rome' - Screens & Trailer
- 'Origin of the Species' - Screens & Trailer
by Paul Reith on May 19, 2005 @ 6:41 a.m. PDT | Filed under Previews
187 Ride or Die tells the story of a reluctant urban hero named Buck (L. Tate), a young man living a thug's life seething with money, fast cars and beautiful women -- with danger lurking around every corner. Set in the underworld of Los Angeles, Buck must defend the territory of his mentor Dupree (G. Black) from a menacing nemesis and his gang of bandit roughriders, led by Cortez (N. Gugliemi), who are determined to take control of the streets.
Shrapnel Games has released the first patch for Koios Works' strategy/RTS Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar. This update brings your retail game to v1.1 and optimizes the performance of the graphics engine and allows more flexibility in setting level of performance and graphical quality, also adjustments to increase AI difficulty have been made.
Check out the following new screens from Midway's 2005 E3 lineup:
- 'Blitz: The League' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Civilization IV' - Screens
- 'Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures' (ALL) - Screens
- 'Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows' (PS2/Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'L. A. Rush' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Midway Arcade Treasures 3' (NGC/PS2/Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War' - Screens
- 'The Suffering: Ties That Bind' (PS2/Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'Unreal Tournament 2007' - Screens
Check out the following new screens from 2K Games' 2005 E3 lineup:
- '24: The Game' (PS2) - Screens
- 'Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens
- 'Prey' - Screens
- 'Serious Sam II' (Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'Shattered Union' (PS2/Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'Sid Meier's Pirates!' (Xbox) - Screens
- 'Snow' (Xbox/PC) - Screens
- 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' (X360/PC) - Screens & Trailer
- 'Vietcong 2' - Screens
- 'Zathura' (PS2/Xbox) - Screens & Trailer
King of Ovals adds three new fictional tracks in the style of American oval circuits to the existing selection of tracks in GTR. Oval racing in a GT car is a unique challenge, and provides the player with an interesting variation from the FIA-GT seasonal circuits. Each of the new tracks is designed to present the player with a different characteristic of oval racing, and the AI behavior is adjusted to suit the new conditions and keep the player challenged.
Gamers will delve into a more mature, consistent fantasy universe that will appeal to fans of all fantasy genres. Heroes of Might & Magic V will benefit from the features and characteristics that established the success of the initial saga while offering a wealth of innovations such as a highly immersive scenario, a variety of appealing factions, modern 3D graphics, a revolutionary tactical combat system, and a story-based campaign mode.
SCi said that of May 13, it had received valid acceptances in respect of a total of 110.8 mln shares, representing approximately 78.02 pct of the issued share capital of Eidos. The offer will remain open for acceptance by Eidos shareholders until further notice. Further to the announcement Eidos stated that the entire Board of Eidos has resigned from office with effect from 17 May 2005.
Shrapnel Games has released a demo for Spue Games' naval combat game Salvo!. This demo allows you to check out four tutorials, and a full campaign. Read more for download links ...
by Rainier on May 19, 2005 @ 1:30 a.m. PDT | Filed under E3 - E3 2005 May 19th
The sequel to Shaman King: Master of Spirits, players return in the role of Yoh Asakura as they traverse multiple stages filled with perils, enemies and traps in order to stop a diabolical shaman from resurrecting the evil "Guardian of Demons." To assist Yoh in his quest, players can collect the spirits of vanquished opponents and use these spirits to help him in battle.
by Rainier on May 19, 2005 @ 1:30 a.m. PDT | Filed under E3 - E3 2005 May 19th
Final Fantasy XII shakes the series to its core with the introduction of a unique new combat system, while still honoring the franchise's reputation for epic storytelling, incredible spectacle, and compelling characters. Final Fantasy XII is undeniably FF, but it's also something completely different.
On-demand digital distribution service Game xStream will power the online distribution of 3D Realms' upcoming title Prey, representing the start of a long-term partnership that will continue with future games.
Activision announced today that it will prepare for an equal amount of launch titles on the PS3 as it is working on X360 one's, when the new Sony system will ship in spring 2006. To better cope with the demand for new titles, Activision will be looking to increase its in-house developers by as much as 30 percent. Activision only recently received development hardware for the PS3, but has already been workingon four X360 launch titles for almost a year.
Mythic Entertainment today announced that they have secured the exclusive worldwide rights to create massively multiplayer online games for PC and console set in the fantasy world of Warhammer, created by Nottingham, UK-based Games Workshop Group PLC. The first game based upon the dark, medieval world of Warhammer will be released on PC in 2007.
Following the close of the acceptance period for Electronic Arts' offer to the shareholders of Digital Illusions, EA now controls a total of 6,852,148 shares, representing 67.8% of the outstanding capital and votes in DICE.