Achille’s actions have led to the undead rising up from their graves and roaming the countryside angering The Grim Reaper. It soon transpires that Maximo and The Grim Reaper both have a score to settle with Achille so the two form a remarkable alliance to defeat their common enemy.
Players in Maximo: Ghosts to Glory will enjoy:
- More than 40 special abilities, moves and power-ups to discover!
- Dynamic Changing Environments – With Achille’s drill breaking up the land, the game playfields rise, fall and collapse, creating skill based challenges and obstacles.
- Progressive Character Customisation – Each player can customise his character with new skills and abilities. A wide variety of skill and weapon upgrades are available as Maximo progresses through the game.
- Unique Continue System – Players must collect spirits to earn ‘death coins’ that can be used to pay off the Grim Reaper and gain continues.
- Full 3D Worlds – Maximo lives and fights in an expansive, fully realised 3D polygonal world. Level design allows for true 3D movement and interaction.
- Art developed by Famed Artist – All of the game characters were designed by Susumu Matsushita, one of Japan’s leading artists.
- Classic Game Play – Maximo is a return to the classic thinking in game play design. It’s simple, fun and highly addictive and can be enjoyed by players of all ages.
- Challenge Stages – Advanced players can gain additional challenge stages, rewarding the player with new game play and added abilities.
- Tutorial System – The action doesn’t stop in order to teach new players how to play. Players will be instructed as the game progresses.
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory’s dynamically changing and beautifully constructed 3D environments are full of creativity and interactivity. The hero’s abilities and skills develop as the game advances. Over 40 power ups and special abilities can be found throughout the game.
Maximo can use his shield to defend himself or throw it like a weapon. His shield can also be powered up in many ways including attracting lightning and creating tornados. His sword can also be powered up, from a simple increase in size, to calling a meteor storm from the sky, to transforming it into a flaming blade to slice through enemies.
A unique character progression system enables players to customise and upgrade their character with new skills, abilities, and weapons based on player preferences. As Maximo ventures out on his quest, his appearance changes as the game progresses. At different times, Maximo may be outfitted to wear a helmet or earn new armour, be magically transformed into “old man Maximo,” “baby Maximo,” or even find himself stripped down to his underwear after losing his armour.
Inspired by one of Capcom’s most heralded series ever, Ghosts’N Goblins, Maximo: Ghosts to Glory players will recognise many features from the classic games. As Maximo progresses through his journey he will encounter familiar looking bone towers, red gargoyles, and if he’s not careful, Maximo can even lose his armour as he tries to complete an area with nothing but stylish boxer shorts to keep him warm. The game features intense game play, and also injects a clever sense of humour keeping the game entertaining and light-hearted.
“Maximo: Ghosts to Glory marks true gaming playability at its best in an amazing 3D world. The intent was to create a game that’s all about fun,” says David Miller, Marketing Director, Capcom Eurosoft. “It’s not often a game comes along with such massive appeal. This is due to a unique combination of amazing development talent, a brilliant musical score, incredible graphics and artwork design from one of Japan’s most popular artists. Capcom has spared no expense to create this blockbuster.”