As Harry Potter, players will hone their magical skills and advance through three terms of study during Harry’s first year at Hogwarts. Each term will challenge players to meet a number of objectives, such as collecting and mixing potions with Professor Snape or piloting a flying broom through the Forbidden Forest in search of Neville Longbottom’s Remembrall. In order to pass the first year of study, players must complete over twenty-nine different objectives, while avoiding enemies and obstacles.
The Game Boy Advance version will take advantage of the enhanced portable console to provide action-driven puzzles and mini-games that promise to capture the daring and adventurous spirit of Harry Potterä. Players will experience Harry Potter’s world through an isometric 2D perspective, including top-down Quidditch and broomstick flying sequences that deliver the speed and excitement of competition. Scenarios such as chasing down Hagrid’s runaway pets, learning to cast spells, and negotiating the maze of Gringotts will add challenges and objectives while remaining true to the book’s story line.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone features more than twenty characters from the novel, including Harry’s friends Hermione Grangerä and Ron Weasleyä and Hogwarts professors, Dumbledore and Snape. Just as Harry did, players will experience the adventure that is life at Hogwarts along with the challenge of finding the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- Experience the world of Harry Potter with the portable power of the Game Boy Advance.
- Achieve over twenty-nine objectives to complete Harry’s first year at Hogwarts.
- Interact with over twenty characters from the story.
- Action-based puzzles and mini-games provide intense and thrilling challenges.
- Ride the wind in fast-paced, top-down Quidditch and broomstick flying sequences.
- Extensive exploration of Hogwarts and its surrounding grounds.
- Isometric 2D graphics present a colorful view of Harry Potter’s world.
- Faithful representation of the magical world created in J.K. Rowling’s best-selling novel.
Players will take the role of Harry Potter as he enrolls in Hogwarts and embarks on a journey to unlock the secrets of his own magical abilities. Harry will have to complete and solve tasks and puzzles, learn how to use spells, gather potions and collect items in order to wear down the stamina of his opponents and defeat them, as well as battle creatures and occasionally face off against evil characters. As the player gains information and successfully completes confrontations, they will receive Experience Points (EXP). As the player collects EXP, Harry will effectively increase in strength and abilities and will be able to upgrade spells he has learned and engage in more physical challenges.
The Game Boy Color version will also feature the use of Wizard Cards as specific items. The player will be able to acquire these throughout the game and trade them, both with characters in the game and with their friends as well. (Trading with friends is made possible by connecting two Game Boys together by means of the Game Link Cable, a standard peripheral for the Game Boy). Because the player will have to make choices throughout gameplay that will change what cards are available, it will not be possible to collect all the Wizard Cards within a single game. By trading and collecting cards, players will be able to open extra rewards within the game.
In addition to the Game Boy Color, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone will be coming out on the PlayStation, PC, and Game Boy Advance system. Each version will take advantage of the platform’s hardware to deliver the ultimate Harry Potter at Hogwarts experience.
- Bring the world of Harry Potter home in one small, portable package.
- Turn-based battle sequences reward thoughtful use of more than thirty spells and potions.
- Adventure-based game with an emphasis on puzzle solving and interaction with other characters.
- Interact with over one hundred unforgettable characters from the book, including Professor Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid, and Draco Malfoy.
- Colorful isometric graphics bring Harry Potter’s world to life, with screen layouts and dialogue specifically designed for the Game Boy Color.
- Faithful representation of the magical world created in J.K. Rowling’s best-selling novels.