Dungeon Siege On Track For An April 2002 Release
by Rainier on Nov. 5, 2001 @ 12:12 p.m. PST
Microsoft has announced that they are on track to deliver Dungeon Siege, the fantasy RPG from Gas Powered Games (GPG), in April of 2002. Anticipation for Dungeon Siege is running high. This title will soon be ready to take RPG players on a journey across the vast kingdom of Ehb on an incredible adventure they'll never forget.
"Taking extra time to finish the game was a tough decision, but we are glad we did, as it allowed us to add that extra layer of polish that we often dream about," explained Chris Taylor, CEO of GPG and Lead Designer of Dungeon Siege. "Not only are we carefully tuning and balancing the game, but we are also including an in-game help system for those who are new to playing in a fully 3D world. We also included more spells, weapons and armor along with expanding our already huge multiplayer world. We set out on a journey to create a state-of-the-art, over-the-top, outrageously-huge game that breaks rules and raises the bar, and that journey looks to be finally coming to an end!"
Microsoft and GPG are committed to creating a revolutionary, over-the-top RPG experience, and Dungeon Siege delivers on these key features:
- Gorgeous 3D World that allows you to seamlessly move between incredible exterior landscapes and the darkest dungeons
- Engaging, story-driven single player experience
- Over-the-top fantasy combat where you can control up to 8 party members
- Huge multiplayer world with unique multiplayer game modes
- With the free downloadable Siege Editor, players can create their own worlds or mods
- Dungeon Siege is an action fantasy role-playing game featuring an immersive fully 3-D environment. The game plunges players into a continuous 3-D fantasy world on a quest to stop a mysterious evil that has been unleashed. Beginning with a single character, players can travel through the world and gather a party of up to eight characters, or choose to face the challenge alone. The fusion of action role-playing and real-time strategy controls in Dungeon Siege impels players into one over-the-top battle after another as the storyline unfolds.