Beauty vs. the beast!
Brought to you by the developer of the Test Drive® Series, the Pitbull Syndicate brings Test Drive to Microsoft’s Xbox™ video game system for spring 2002. With an all-new game engine, stunningly realistic visuals and physics models, relentless cops and the most highly-detailed real-world cities ever seen in any Test Drive, Test Drive for Xbox is indeed the purest form of street racing mayhem.
Not only does TD overdrive push the performance and graphical boundaries further than most racing games, it also possesses a unique feel and personality due to its 'story mode'. The player is immersed into a world of underground and illegal street racing, pushing their own courage and ability to the limit, along with the limits of their car, pitting their racing prowess against other street racers while at the same time trying to remain one step ahead of the pursuing police.
Featuring over 20 licensed exotic sports cars and all-American muscle cars, TD overdrive allows the player to either race the sleek, sophisticated super cars such as the Jaguar XK-R and the Nissan Skyline, or the raw brute power of the American speed machines such as the Ford Mustang and the Plymouth Cuda, something no other racing game can boast. Exact digital and aural recreations of their real-world counterparts, all of the cars in TD overdrive also contain ultra realistic behavioural physics.
Along with a unique range of cars, TD overdrive also features 4 real-world locations including London and San Francisco. These have been recreated with painstaking detail to be actual living, breathing cities. Traffic will react as it does in reality with vehicles stopping at traffic lights and crossing at intersections. Pedestrians will jump out of the way to avoid being hit. Roadside objects can be collided with and destroyed, all of these features adding to the depth and immersion of a game that is the ultimate test of man and machine.
The Beast is back!
- More than 20 of the hottest licensed exotic sports cars and all-American muscle cars.
- Exotic sports cars include the Dodge® Viper GTS, Jaguar XK-R, Aston Martin DB7 Vantage, Lotus® Esprit V8, Nissan Skyline—and more!
- Muscle cars include the Ford Mustang and Ford GT-40, Plymouth Cuda, Dodge® ‘69 Charger--and more!
- 4 stunningly realistic and highly-detailed real-world cities including London and San Francisco.
- Fully interactive environments including competitive AI, unpredictable cross-traffic, reactive pedestrians, gravity-defying jumps, smashable street-side objects and relentless cops.
- Realistic physics model tuned for a fun and exciting racing experience.
- Challenging driving modes and special events.
- Hot licensed music on the new Test Drive radio station.
- 4-player split screen play.
- HDTV and wide screen (16:9) support.
Technology Highlights / PlayStation® 2
- Brand-new, built-from-scratch graphics engine designed to take advantage of the PlayStation2 technology. The critical rendering engine was coded and hand-tweaked in Assembly Language to coax maximum performance from the PS2.
- Original software tool built to create texture, light and populate rich and detailed worlds bringing a new level of visual realism and immersion to video games.
- Numerous cutting edge graphics techniques maximize performance and visual realism including anti-aliasing, mip-mapping and real-time lighting. Multi-level reflection mapping also brings a new dimension to the cars.
- AI editor designed to orchestrate street intersections and vehicle response in complex ways. For example, the system allows traffic signals to change from green to red, and in response, traffic and pedestrians respond appropriately.