- Enhanced play around the basket with various new post moves, more lay-ups and dunks, as well as more control in regards to shot positioning and shot selection. Also, more control on defense and in rebounding.
- New franchise mode. Managing an NBA franchise for up to 10 years as the General Manager, users can view scouting reports on upcoming rookies, as well as draft new rookies.
- Players are brought to life. Life-like bodies and heads make every NBA player a spitting image of their real-life counterpart, right down to cornrows, afros, tattoos, player accessories, and officially licensed shoes.
- Over 50 new dunks and post dunk celebrations.
- Incredibly fluid and realistic animations implementing hundreds of new motion capture animations and improved frame rate.
- New cut scenes focusing on emotional player-player and player-referee interaction.
- Simplified and more intuitive front end allowing players to get into a game quickly and easily.
- Pregame focus on cinematic moments featuring scripted sequences showing players getting themselves and their teammates hyped and ready to play.
- New emotional moments including auto replay with new Jam Cam and Swat Cam cameras featuring special effects like motion blur and letterboxing.
- See what's going on from the player's eyes with cutting edge facial animation.
- Cover athlete and Houston Rocket superstar Steve Francis assisted in game design and motion capture.
Games of 2015
Top Games of 2014
NBA Live 2002 - Facts & Screens
by Peter on Dec. 19, 2001 @ 10:48 a.m. PST
Feel what it's like to be on the court, battling with the best of the NBA, only with NBA LIVE 2002. Experience life in the paint and above the rim with emotion like that of an NBA Entertainment video, or highlight reel. See Steve Francis, up close and personal, debate a call with a referee or celebrate following a patented Francis high-flying slam-dunk. NBA LIVE 2002 brings the excitement and emotion into video game basketball.