"With 'S.W.I.N.E.,' we're offering up what is easily the most irreverent game of the season, but we're also providing the best real-time strategy experience the gaming world has seen for some time," said Jerry Wolosenko, head of Fishtank Interactive activities in North America. "These scenarios require clever exploitation of terrain and players' skills. Although you'll be chuckling throughout the game, you'll find it takes strategy and experience to really master the world of 'S.W.I.N.E.'"
On August third, The Pig National Army (P.N.A.) crossed a border and changed history forever. The P.N.A, arrogant and full of expansionist land-lust, invaded the homeland of the peaceful, fun loving Rabbits. Carrotland fell in less than two weeks when the Pigs burned rabbit homes and laid siege to the capital city. The Swine's leader is the notorious SteelFang, who in the guise of progress, wreaks havoc upon the innocent bunnies. The pigs pillage and plunder for Iron Tusk, dictator of the Pig nation.
The army advances rapidly, initially destroying the surprised and outnumbered rabbit forces. But elements of the plucky rabbit army survive, regroup and wage a guerilla-style counteroffensive. The army is small, but well equipped and ready to strike back. Now to ensure success, they need a resourceful leader whose strategy will result in the destruction of the evil pig regime.
As you manipulate resources to advance, you will be inundated with a barrage of hilarious announcements, order confirmations and wisecracks guaranteed to keep everyone in stitches. Since the game uses a fully three dimensional map you will experience a real time strategy game at a whole new level.
Key Features of "S.W.I.N.E." include:
- Challenging RTS game play featuring a sophisticated engine with highly detailed vehicle models, realistic driving physics and a variety of handling characteristics
- Complex 3D scenario with free moving camera, variable weather effects, day and night missions and a variety of landscapes
- Innovative resource management system requiring careful tactical and strategic planning
- Two campaigns: join forces with the pigs or the rabbits with 22 missions
- 15 different combat and service units for each race, each with unique properties
- Ability to transfer and upgrade units to higher game levels based on mission performance
- More than 6000 humorous dialogue animations and comments
- A large cast of unusual characters
- Multiplayer via LAN and Internet with four game play-modes and 10 different maps
- Two unique RTS multi-player modes: Elimination and Countdown
- Three skill levels for increasingly challenging game play
More articles about S.W.I.N.E.