Developed, in close co-operation with the boys from Westlife, TDK Mediactive will release 'Westlife Fan-O-Mania', a poptastic trivia quiz on the PlayStation* and PC that every self-respecting fan of the chart-topping Irish band should own.
'Westlife Fan-O-Mania' will feature hundreds of revealing questions about the boys' music, videos, lives and loves along with plenty of exclusive, and never-before-seen video footage of the boys themselves. Hosted by Tara, your animated hostess, fans will be guided through five different sections of Westlife's virtual lives including The Tour Bus, The Recording Studio, On Location, Live and back at The Hotel. The PC version will also include a fantastic printable image gallery, including signed photos of the band. So fans will never be short of photos ever again!
Heiko tom Felde, Director of TDK Mediactive Europe, said: "Britain's biggest boy band is coming this New Year to the biggest gaming platforms in the world! With their present single 'Queen Of My Heart' and current album 'World Of Our Own' going straight in at number one in the UK charts, TDK Mediactive believes that this latest title on PC and PS1 will make Westlife the only band to have a number one single and interactive game in the charts."
About 'Westlife Fan-O-Mania':
Westlife Fan-O-Mania is a 100% official Westlife product full of exciting ideas and content brought from the award-winning boys (Best UK & Ireland Act, Best Pop Act - Brit Awards 2001) of Shane Filan, Bryan McFadden, Kian Egan, Mark Feehily and Nicky Byrne and features:
- Watch the never-before-seen video footage of Bryan, Kian, Mark, Nicky and Shane as they reveal what life is really like in Westlife
- Listen to never-before-heard audio of the guys facing all the difficult questions - can they handle the pressure?
- Savour our gallery of gorgeousness in the stunning photo section
- Meet Tara, your animated hostess as she guides you through the game and its five different Sections
- "A Day in the Life of Westlife" is the virtual opportunity every fan desires. The Recording Studio, the Tour Bus, on Stage and back at the Hotel
- Face 500 challenging questions on the boys, the band and their history
- Bonus! Score 100% in any one round and you will unlock an exclusive video interview with one of the lads
- All this and you can enjoy snippets of songs and videos from all of their record breaking UK Number One singles
Special PC Only Feature
- Check out our printable image gallery...you'll never run out of posters again!
- Wear your heart on your sleeve, with the free Westlife T-shirt on selected promotional packs
- Compete against fellow Westlife fans to see who knows the most about the band in the four-player mode
Westlife Fan-O-Mania was developed by Runecraft Ltd.
Westlife Fan-O-Mania will be available on the PC and PlayStation One in January 2002. Both titles will have a suggested retail price of £19.99. The PC version will feature a Limited Edition promotional Westlife T-shirt.
Westlife is made up of Bryan McFadden, Shane Filan, Kian Egan, Mark Feehily and Nicky Byrne. They have released nine singles, eight of which including the latest "Queen Of My Heart" have topped the UK charts at number one. Seven of these were consecutive hits making them impact on the Guinness Book of Records for the greatest number of number one singles in a row. Westlife was named Best UK & Ireland Act by MTV in 1999 and were voted Best Pop Act at The Brit Awards in 2001. To date they have sold over 12 million albums worldwide and are a huge success in over 25 countries with an amazing 25 platinum awards.
Westlife's latest album 'World of Our Own' was released on November 12th 2001.
About TDK Mediactive, Europe
TDK Mediactive Europe, a division of TDK Recording Media Europe S.A., is a publisher of high quality entertainment software for current and next generation videogame systems, PC/Mac and music titles on DVD Video. The Company's games are based on original and licensed content derived from major motion pictures, video franchises, popular literature and popular culture.
In co-operation with TDK Mediactive, Inc., based in Southern California, the Company is the exclusive European Publishing partner for technology and content licenses with Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nintendo of America Inc., DreamWorks SKG, Universal Studios, Mattel, Classic Media, BKN International, DC Comics, R & S Trading, Signatures Network and others.
The company's music titles range is selected from classical recordings (TDK Collection) to Jazz (TDK Jazz collection), Rock and Pop music. TDK Mediactive is part of TDK Corporation's global effort to expand its offerings to consumers of entertainment-oriented products. More information about TDK Mediactive and its products is available at www.tdk-mediactive.com .
TDK Mediactive Europe is located at the European HQ of TDK Recording Media Europe S.A. at Z.I. Bommelscheuer, L-4902 Bascharage, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.