Razor sharp turns faster than the speed of sound will take racing to an extreme new level this fall, as Acclaim Entertainment, Inc. today announced that it has shipped its eagerly anticipated XG3 Extreme G Racing for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. One of the Company's most talked about games at the 2001 E3 show, XG3 Extreme G Racing combines high-speed futuristic motorcycle racing and combat, to deliver incredible next-generation arcade action at 60-frames-per-second. XG3 Extreme G Racing is being supported by an integrated marketing campaign, including print, radio and online adverting, retail promotions and a consumer sweepstakes.
"XG3 is the third instalment of our successful franchise, which has sold more than 1.3 million units worldwide," said Evan Stein, Vice President of Brand. "With its incredibly fast and intuitive gameplay, XG3 is highly regarded among the media and poised to set a new benchmark in the genre."
The media had the following to say about XG3 Extreme G Racing:
"It whips 'Wipeout Fusion's' behind. It kills 'Kinetica' on the quarter mile. We cannot understate the sense of speed you get from playing XG3." - Game Informer
"This is one of the most insanely fast racers you'll ever come across. Strap yourselves in -- it's going to be a wild ride." - Official PlayStation Magazine
"XG3 definitely has its own particular look and feel going for it, and it may have the genre all to its own on PS2." -- www.ps2.ign.com.
Developed by Acclaim's Cheltenham Studio, XG3 Extreme G Racing takes players on a gravity-defying race throughout breathtaking, fully animated environments. After climbing onto one of the game's 12 supercharged and fully armed bikes, players are ready to begin the ultimate racing challenge.
XG3 Extreme G Racing offers an array of exciting features, including:
- Highly-addictive gameplay, that blends high-speed racing and high-stakes combat for an intense arcade experience, appealing to both the casual and hardcore gamer;
- All-new, advanced game engine, built from the ground up for the next-generation gaming platforms;
- Constant 60-frames-per-second of heart-pounding action;
- 10 incredible racing circuits with gut-wrenching loops, twists, spirals and drops;
- An arsenal of futuristic weapons, enabling the player to obliterate the competition;
- Turbo boosts taking the bikes to extreme speeds and gravity defying environments;
- Detailed bike animation system, providing complete feedback controlling the bike's handling, including air-brakes, flaps, weapons and thrusters;
- A landscape animation system, which brings lush worlds to life;
Two-player split-screen racing, which includesTeam Grand Prix, Head-to Head and Co-Operative mode, as well as a playable field of up to 12 bikes;
- In-game music by the world-renowned group Ministry of Sound;
- Game Play in Dolby Surround Sound.
XG3 Extreme G Racing is currently available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system at a suggested retail price of $49.99.
About Acclaim Entertainment
Based in Glen Cove, N.Y., Acclaim Entertainment, Inc., is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and mass marketer of software for use with interactive entertainment game consoles including those manufactured by Nintendo, Sony Computer Entertainment, Sega and Microsoft Corporation as well as personal computer hardware systems. Acclaim owns and operates four studios located in the United States and the United Kingdom, and publishes and distributes its software directly in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Australia and the Pacific Rim. Acclaim also distributes entertainment software for other publishers worldwide, publishes software gaming strategy guides and issues "special edition" comic magazines from time to time to support its time valued brands, Turok and Shadow Man. Acclaim's corporate headquarters are in Glen Cove, New York and Acclaim's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ.SC under the symbol AKLM. For more information please visit our website.