Set against the historical backdrop of maritime trade at the time of the Hanseatic League, Patrician II sees the player take the role as a citizen of a medieval hanseatic town in Northern Europe between London and Novgorod, with the aim being to rise from the status of an ordinary, unimportant trader to that of a major business tycoon and ultimately the head of the Hanseatic League.
To achieve this goal, the player must gain the respect and recognition of the inhabitants and try to make a profit through maritime trade, the production of goods and the completion of missions. The player can raise his profile by both improving the city and using his diplomacy, or by raising money for his treasury by means of piracy and smuggling.
ABOUT THE HANSEATIC LEAGUE
The Hanseatic League was an organisation founded in the middle of the 13th century to protect common interests in trade. It was initially but a loose association of daring traders, yet anyone who wanted to be successful as a trader in the waters of the North Sea and the Baltic Sea it became increasingly important to be a member of this league. Developing into a mighty economic organisation over the years, at the height of its power the Hanseatic League held immense political power and could be considered as an early predecessor of the European Community.
- 2000 hours + of gameplay!!!
- 40 different buildings and 4 types of ship, all historically accurate
- Integrated multi-player mode for up to 8 players
- A variety of building options open to the player including houses, city walls, watch towers and businesses
- Tasks range from throwing parties to withstanding pirate attacks, sieges, naval attacks, establishing city defences and setting up ship convoys
- Players must recruit their own troops, win elections and maintain a good reputation
- Players have to trade goods, build and auction ships and obtain dowries for marriage
- Beautifully animated buildings and citizens with additional videos relating to historical events
RELEASE DATE: November 2001
Infogrames is a major international publisher and distributor of video games for consoles (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega and Sony), PC CD-ROMs, and Macintosh hardware, as well as all interactive platforms such as interactive television, Internet, WAP devices, and in-flight entertainment systems.
Infogrames is a global publisher of videogames for the whole family, with a catalog that includes popular franchises (DriverTM, Alone in the DarkTM, V-RallyTM, Unreal Tournament, Test Drive®, Roller Coaster Tycoon) and many international licenses (Warner Bros.' Looney TunesTM, Paramount's Mission: ImpossibleTM, the Brazilian national football team, Le Mans 24 Hours®, and the world and European champion French national football team.