Kohan: Ahriman’s Gift, the prequel to the award winning Kohan launches its official website and demo.
“Strategy First couldn’t be happier to work with Timegate Studios on yet another project,” says Don McFatridge, President of Strategy First. “ Kohan has won numerous awards and we are confident that Ahriman’s Gift will be a successful follow up in the series.”
Timegate Studios also revealed the launch of the official game site and playable demo. The game site will be accessible from the franchise’s central hub HERE.
“We are confident in Strategy First’s ability to successfully publish Ahriman’s Gift through their familiarity with Kohan and the market for strategy games. The launching of the game’s official site will provide a resource for us to keep the community informed with up-to-date KAG news and info as well as announcements of contests and events,” says Adel Chaveleh, KAG’s Producer.
Visitors to the Kohan: Ahriman’s Gift site will find a constantly updated resource for news and information about the game. A listing of what can be found on the site includes details on: the game’s elements, factions, heroes, races, spells, story, screenshots, artwork, interviews, reviews, and more.
Also making its official online debut, the KAG demo is now available for download on the Kohan: Ahriman’s Gift web page. For a complete listing of where to find the demo CLICK HERE.
Scheduled for November 6th, 2001, Kohan: Ahriman’s Gift will be published in North America by Strategy First and distributed by Infogrames.
About Kohan: Ahriman’s GiftKohan: Ahriman’s Gift, a real-time fantasy strategy game set in the world of Khaldun, takes you to new heights of strategic warfare. Built on the award-winning Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns gameplay, Ahriman’s Gift provides countless hours of entertainment with five campaigns, forty custom-built maps, and a host of multiplayer options. You become one of the Kohan, an ancient race devastated by a cycle of world-breaking cataclysms. Newly awakened to an uncertain future and a past you don’t remember, you must forge the present using superior strategies. Now, as your strength grows and your destiny unfolds, you have to seize the reins of power and take your place in the war between the Creator and the Shadow. Which side you fight on is up to you.
- 5 campaigns to explore and conquer and an additional 40 custom designed maps, including several official Tournament maps. TimeGate’s own fully functional map editor allows players to custom make their own Deathmatch, Scenario, and even Campaign maps.
- Over 90 beautifully detailed units. Over 70 different heroes, each with their own abilities, history, and richly illustrated portrait.
- Over 100 spells and 75 technologies that allow you to cast spells like True Blessing and Chain Lightning, and enhance your strategies with Potion of Strength and Shadowsteel Armor.
- 30 complex AI players that use enhanced strategies to challenge the player with different styles and levels of play.
- Kohan’s robust multiplayer support allows for up to 8 players over Internet or LAN and features 7 game types (including Bloodbath and King of the Hill) as well as a powerful random map generator with 6 different climates. No two online games will ever be the same.
About TimeGate Studios, Inc.
Best known for setting new standards in the strategy genre with the award winning Kohan franchise, TimeGate Studios (www.timegatestudios.com) has positioned itself as a rapidly emerging developer of entertainment software. Currently based in Houston, Texas, the studio’s conception was the innovation of a group of passionate gamers who embraced the opportunity to fulfill their dream of creating games of their own. Since its inception in 1998, TimeGate Studios continues to grow through the rich contribution of talented developers and the establishment of worldwide partnerships. On the forefront of the latest technologies, the company enters development of an undisclosed Massively Multiplayer Online Game while continuing to expand the line of released titles.
About Strategy First
Strategy First Inc. is a leading developer and worldwide publisher of entertainment software for the PC. Founded in 1990, the company has grown rapidly, publishing major games in the industry and simultaneously developing its own in-house titles such as O.R.B., Disciples II, Nexagon: The Pit and Zero-G Marines. After winning numerous awards for games such as Disciples: Sacred Lands, Europa Universalis, Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns and Steel Beasts, Strategy First continues to push the gaming envelope with its own groundbreaking titles, while maintaining its reputation as a unique alternative for independent developers seeking to market their games to a worldwide audience.