In keeping with the strengths of the Medal of Honor series, Frontline will put gamers in control of Lt. Jimmy Patterson as he carries out his critical missions in full 3D. Players will take Lt. Patterson on 15 crucial assignments ranging from destroying a German Naval base, rescuing a captured OSS operative from a Nazi held Dutch manor house, stowing away above and aboard a speeding Nazi armored train, to disarming the undercarriage of Nijmegen Bridge, made famous in the film A Bridge Too Far.
Players will take on five missions, each consisting of at least three individual levels, all of which add up to one complete storyline. To help him succeed in his assignment, Lt. Patterson will have the assistance of a small squad of soldiers and a slew of new weapons, ranging from the Liberator Pistol, Panzerschreck, MG42 mounted machine gun-to the return of the ever-popular B.A.R. Pattersons friends and foes will all have much improved AIs, making for tense and heated large-scale battles, with friends, foes, and even civilians all on screen at any given moment.
EALA continues to work closely with the Congressional Medal of Honor Society to make sure Medal of Honor Frontline reflects the ideals and integrity of the prestigious Congressional Medal of Honor. The team also consulted with Russ Lee, the Smithsonian Institutions expert on the HO-IX, and Capt. Dale Dye, technical consultant for the original Medal of Honor, to insure the authenticity of the game.
Medal of Honor Frontline marks the first appearance of the Medal of Honor franchise on the PlayStation 2. Lt. Pattersons latest adventure will make full use of advanced lighting and architecture capabilities, special effects, and realistic sound to bring World War II to life once more. A new original score from the award-winning Michael Giacchino and sound effects by the AIAS award winning design team will make sure the experience is a memorable one.
- 15 missions, based on real events that occurred during World War II.
- Fully realized 3-D worlds, using the advanced capabilities of the PlayStation 2.
- Over 20 weapons, including the Liberator, Panzerschrek, MG42, B.A.R. and special "weapons" like a disguise kit and a fake ID.
- Attack enemy units alone and as part of a crack military squad.
- Communicate with friendly units to organize deadly tactics - or take out the enemys commander to throw the troops into disarray.
- Intense non-combat-based missions, such as a disguised infiltration of a German-held Dutch manor house.
- Original orchestral score by Medal of Honor composer Michael Giacchino.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.
- Realistic WWII feel with the assistance of the Smithsonians HO-IX expert Russ Lee and technical consultant Capt. Dale Dye.