"With SRS, we have captured the essence of underground racing -- high stakes, high speed, and customization of realistically detailed cars," said Trip Hawkins, chief executive officer, The 3DO Company. "Every race has a lot at stake, including pink slips, cash, and, of course, the ladies' respect."
About Street Racing Syndicate
In SRS players begin by creating their own street racing characters, then set off to make names for themselves in the first of three cities. Players choose to race in illegal or officially sanctioned races. In illegal races, police may intervene to hand out tickets, impound cars, or throw players in jail. The after-market upgrades are licensed and customizable, and vehicles take realistic damage hits. In development for all next generation console systems, SRS is scheduled for release in 2003.
Features for SRS include:
- High stakes such as money, pink slips, and the girlfriends of rival street racers
- A detailed realistic damage option that affects a car's look and performance, and costs money to repair
- The choice of illegal or officially sanctioned racing events
- Build up vehicles with visual upgrades including licensed after-market parts
- Tough cops who give tickets and fines, and impound cars
- Play the extensive Street mode or drag race against friends using Multiplayer modes
More articles about Street Racing Syndicate