Heiko tom Felde, Director of TDK Mediactive Europe said: "The complexity of the 'WorldRacing' project makes it necessary to invest more time in the development process. We have therefore decided to have a short pit stop in order to ensure that we deliver a game synonymous with the quality, style and race-ability of the top Mercedes-Benz performance sports cars. 'WorldRacing' when it speeds into retail in the New Year will offer a multitude of options for the gamer, excellent technology and diverse and challenging gameplay."
'WorldRacing' features a revolutionary 3D Landscape Engine, which not only creates separate race tracks but facilitates the creation of kilometre long 3D sceneries allowing a 'virtually realistic' full driving experience on the race tracks and also off the road. The player can select his favourite model car from a nearly complete current range of cars from Mercedes-Benz. Each model is sculptured based on original data from Mercedes-Benz.
'WorldRacing' offers training missions, race and championship modes and also mission based play. Advanced technologies allow each driver to develop its own character and driving history to enable them to master and accomplish different skills and missions successfully.
Key features of 'WorldRacing' will include:
- Revolutionary 3D Landscape Engine, which facilitates the creation of kilometre long scenery, topography and terrains including canyons, mountains, flowing rivers and weather effects, thereby offering a full and extensive range of landscape and climatic conditions from all over the world
- Near Reality Simulation, adjustable driving physics with over 150 differing variables allowing the creation of a highly complex and realistic car-handling simulation or access to driving fun in arcade mode. Actual car damage is structured in real time and is also based on authentic original data from Mercedes-Benz
- Full Emotion Driving Experience, permissible through the combination of excellent quality 3D graphics and realistic driving physics allowing a 'virtually realistic' full driving experience
- Captivating Game Story. Mission based play and advanced technologies will allow each driver to develop its own character and driving history to enable them to master and accomplish different skills and missions successfully
- Genuine Car Designs. Comprehensive range of cars from Mercedes-Benz including current cars, vintage classics, prototypes and racing cars. Each car is sculptured using over 17,000 polygons from original data and offers over 120 car variations
'WorldRacing' is being developed by Synetic, Gütersloh, Germany.