Should the player's luck hold out, he will eventually win enough to add the dancer to his collection allowing him the right to watch her perform again and again.
Each of the game's 21 dancers has a distinct look, style and personality; for example, Sandi is a cowgirl who performs an exotic line-dance, while Bunny's sense of humour comes across in her cheeky Charleston. Other clues to the girls' personalities can be found in the verbal messages that they deliver when prompted.
Geoff Brown, Founder and Director of Kaboom Studios, says: "The time is right for Private Dancer, for three reasons. The first is that computer games are no longer made exclusively for children. Many of today's adults have been playing games for 20 years and the market is now broad and mature enough to accommodate products designed for all ages in the spectrum. Secondly, there has been a huge increase in the awareness of pole-dancing over the past couple of years, mostly fuelled by the growth of the Spearmint Rhino chain. Finally, the extraordinary graphical capabilities of today's home computer hardware has allowed us to create a superbly-animated 3D world with beautiful and realistic dancers that we believe will be a technical and commercial tour-de-force."
The Private Dancer girls' movement is 100 per cent lifelike, thanks to the 'motion capture' techniques employed in the game's development. Using state-of-the-art technology, engineers at Audiomotion's Banbury studio put a number of the dancers from Birmingham's Spearmint Rhino Extreme club through their paces, and transferred the results into digital data. The end result is a fantastically accurate representation of the art of pole-dancing.
Private Dancer will be released for Windows PC computers on the 22nd of November. Further information – on both the game and the girls – is available from the Private Dancer website.
Private Dancer features:
- 21 stunning, beautifully rendered computer-generated fantasy dancers.
- Realistic dance moves, recreated through the 'motion capture' of award-winning international exotic dancers.
- Player control over camera angles during dance sequences.
- In-game environments developed in collaboration with Spearmint Rhino gentlemen's clubs.
- Uniquely witty and humorous interaction between player and dancer.
- Six separate gambling games to master: Video Poker, Blackjack, Double Down Stud, Red-Dog, Let It Ride and Catch A Wave.