The official RAD site offers visitors an array of features.
Enix will be shipping the title nationwide on November 5
"Enix has long been known for supporting its large and loyal fan base, and nowhere is this more evident than with our feature-laden web site for R.A.D.," said Paul Handelman, president of Enix America. "Our newly designed R.A.D. web site not only allows fans of the game to gather and share strategies and tips, it also provides access to a wide selection of exclusive and interactive features."
Visitors to the site are greeted by Dr. Wiltz the lead scientist on the R.A.D. project. Via an easy navigational map, fans can access six distinct areas within the site, including:
"Stuff That's RAD": includes video footage of the game, electronic postcards, downloadable wallpaper, and an exclusive interview with Wataru Higuichi, the lead producer on the game, and one of the driving forces behind its vision and creation;
- Features: provides an in-depth exploration of R.A.D.'s unique control system; moves are fully illustrated with in-game screen shots
- Characters: offers a brief biography of both the human and robotic characters found with the R.A.D. universe (characters are designed by the world famous anime artist, Toshihiro Kawamoto);
- Game Info: highlights the innovative game-play dynamic behind R.A.D. and highlights some of its key features;
- Story: communicates the detailed history and provides a timeline for the world depicted in the game;
- Forum: provides a direct link to the popular Enix forums where players can congregate online to share playing tips and experiences, and talk about common interests.
Robot Alchemic Drive (R.A.D.) for the PlayStation(r)2 is scheduled to ship November 5 and carry an estimated retail price of $49.99.