Character Profile for Charles and Kanunu
D. Charles Barrington Smythe
A member of the English aristocracy. Well brought-up, he has a calm character. Beneath his well-trimmed moustache you can always see his friendly smile. He has been training in secret and is a pretty powerful player. He's good on the approach and tends to hit straight. He really loves Earl Grey Tea.
Male. American - Hawaii
A former sumo wrestler. Unimaginably nimble considering his massive 300kg weight, he's very popular due to his dancing and singing! He's also good at golf and has top class power. His control is bad, so if he misses, the ball will fly off straight out of bounds!? He's good in the rough and in the bunker, but bad at the approach. He tends to do a high straight. In any case, he cannot curve. He's strong when it rains and really bad in summer. Obviously, he likes to eat chanko-nabe (sumo tofu and meat stew).
A choice of 6 fun and challenging courses featuring diverse terrain awaits you. From a cactus filled red rock desert to a classic English course with deep rough and pot bunkers, Ace Golf provides all the elements needed for a classic round or two. Featuring four modes of play for one-to-four players including Tournament, Stroke, Match and Short Course. Try the addictive mini games such as 'Nearest to the pin' that is played on a nine-hole, par three course.
Choose from one of 14 offbeat characters such as Sonny, a rowdy, leather-clad biker or Lisa, an ultra-fit ex-military gal each with their own distinct personalities and golfing abilities. You can also select from a crew of six fast-talking caddies ready to offer encouragement and advice.
Ace Golf is ideal for all golfing levels. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a first time player Ace Golf's intuitive controls allow you to fine tune your swing. Integrating the club's swinging power and shot accuracy into one smooth action using the Nintendo GameCube C Stick leaves you more time to plan your winning shot.
As well as intuitive controls Ace Golf also offers a whole host of customising options to personalise your game. Alter the difficulty level by turning off distance gauges and wind speed meters, or equalising skill levels in the multiplayer modes allows everyone to compete on a level playing field. You can also upgrade your golf gear by winning tournaments and beating rivals, and for that everlasting memory, Ace Golf players can save those once-in-a-lifetime shots to show to their friends.
- Tee-up on 6 courses featuring varying terrains each with their own challenges.
- Compete with 14 offbeat golfers, each with individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Take advice (at your own risk!) from a crew of 6 fast-talking caddies.
- Master multiple modes of play for 1-4 golfers including Tournament, Stroke, Match and Short Course.
- Put your skills to the test against challenging weather conditions like strong winter winds and tropical rainstorms.
- Experience realistic golfing physics with Ace Golf's smooth analog swing system.
- Win tournaments and beat rivals to upgrade your golf gear.
- Save once-in-a-lifetime shots to show off to friends.
- Enjoy fun and challenging golfing action with addictive mini games.
- Simulate a realistic golfing situation by turning off gauges such as wind speed and hole distance.
- Character "equalizer mode" allows you to balance all the golfers' skills for a competitive multi-player match.
- Ace Golf's ease of play will appeal to the novice gamer while its depth will challenge the expert golfer.