“Guilty Gear X2 promises to raise the bar on the fighting game genre,” said John Rowe, president of Sammy Studios. “Building on the success of the franchise, Guilty Gear X2 will take gamers to a new level of anime-style fighting. The animation, character design and attention to detail are incredible, and the fighting system is fast and easy to pick up, yet offers plenty of challenge to master.”
Guilty Gear X2 brings back the characters now recognized as one of the most unique casts of any fighting series, along with six new additions for an amazing total of 20 fighters in all. The game will have deadly new moves for each fighter and additional special moves for returning characters, including an all-new Burst Gauge for tactical defensive maneuvers, along with three entirely new modes of play that build on the series’ character and story driven action premise. Returning are enhanced versions of Guilty Gear trademarks such as “dust attack” and “roman candle,” as well as the “instant kill” move, with new improved animations for each character’s trademark fatal blow.
The Guilty Gear series is set in the 22nd century, where the discovery of a new form of sustainable energy dubbed “magic” has reset the balance of society. In this skewed world, science and technology are deemed as the source of conflict and pollution and their practice is outlawed. Soon however, the same magical force believed to be the savior of mankind is applied to create horrible new weapons of destruction called “Gears;” devastatingly powerful soldiers made by fusing human and animal DNA. Before long the Gears, led by a self-aware member named Justice, declare war on mankind. What ensues is a hundred year war that results in the ultimate defeat of the Gears, and the birth of a fighting tournament designed to find humans skilled enough to fight them should new threats arise. Guilty Gear’s engaging premise and unique characters are the work of renowned artist Daisuke Ishiwatari.
- Six new characters, totaling an amazing 20 fighters in all!
- Eight play modes, including new modes that build on the series’ story-driven action
- Electrifying new features and battle maneuvers, such as the all-new Burst Gauge
- Entirely new moves, greatly improved fighting system and enhancements to trademark Guilty Gear moves such as “dust attack,” “roman candle” and “instant kill”
- Mind-numbing gameplay speed coupled with mind-blowing animation
- Amazing character design and premise from renowned artist Daisuke Ishiwatari
- Killer soundtrack, with numerous rock-and-roll and heavy metal references throughout the game
More articles about Guilty Gear X2