Westwood plans to add features, enhancements and content to Earth & Beyond at the end of every month as the game's galaxy continues to evolve.
This month's update will go live Oct. 30 and will include:
- New missions for all character archetypes.
- New unique items that are dropped when players kill high-level monsters.
- A speed increase to all ships while planet side.
- Improved item drops for mid- to high-level monsters.
- Additional information on trade good items.
- Graphical enhancements to combat.
- Enhancements to the embedded browser.
- In addition to the planned monthly updates, Westwood will release event patches for special occasions, including one planned for Oct. 31. This patch will deliver content for a special in-game Halloween event to be held that day.
In Earth & Beyond, players become captains of their own starships and live futuristic galactic adventures as they explore, trade and fight with thousands of others. In addition, players will face new challenges over time as the developers add sectors, planets, missions, monsters, characters, features, evolving plot lines and more.