"Burnout 2: Point of Impact sets an exciting new benchmark in the category and delivers the most heart-stopping street driving and car-crashing experience of any medium, including movies and television," said Tom Bass, Senior Brand Manager. "With faster cars, stunning graphics and incredible replay value, Burnout 2: Point of Impact will take gamers on the ride of their lives."
Burnout 2: Point of Impact has been receiving high-praise and awards among the media:
"For those of you that were fans of the first Burnout, you are going to be blown away by the improvements in the sequel. For arcade racing fans, it just doesn't get any better than this." - 98% Platinum Award - PSE2
"...standout quality that screams at you from the shelf - now you have another one to keep you up late nights, Burnout 2. Arcade racing bliss! If you want the sheer thrill of speed and the intensity of the best car crashes on the planet, go get yourself a copy." - 9/10 Editors' Choice Award IGN.com
"One of the most thrilling, visually amazing, and downright fun arcade racers ever. One of the best sequels the racing genre has seen in a long time" - 9/10 Must-Buy Silver Award - PSM
"Burnout 2 offers an amazing sense of speed and some of the most dramatic crashes seen in a racing game to date. It's a must-own for fans of arcade racing." - GameSpot
"Burnout 2 is pure arcade racing at its best." - 91% Silicon Magazine
"Some of the best arcade racing available. Bigger, longer, and more intense smash-ups. Burnout 2 surpasses its predecessor in almost every department." - GamePro
"The racing game for crazy people is as fast and furious as ever this year." - 4/5 Play
Several American films inspired Burnout 2: Point of Impact, including "The Fast And The Furious," "Bad Boys" and "Speed." In addition, Burnout 2: Point of Impact offers a broad array of features such as:
- All-new pursuit races allow players to race a police car and ram opponents off the road.
- Crashes are bigger, badder, and more heart-stopping than ever before - vehicles deform and car parts fly across the highway!
- Advanced lighting effects such as Bloom Lighting, which highlights reflections off of windshields and metal exactly as they would in real-life.
- Offensive Driving 101, where you can "Learn to Burn" from the Burnout Driving School.
- New Custom Series Mode that allows you to race modified vehicles, complete with body kits and decals.
- Progressive scan and Dolby Pro-Logic II support.
- Six new United States locations, including Miami, Los Angeles, The Rocky Mountains, New Mexico and a busy international airport.
- Thirty new stages to drive with fourteen all-new vehicles.
- Seven secret vehicles to unlock including police cars, 1950's hotrods and stock cars.
- Realistic weather effects, such as snow, rain and fog.
- All-new points-based championship gameplay structure.
- Vehicles can get air and earn boosts by jumping.
- Intelligent traffic system, featuring three distinct types of driver behaviors.
- Upgraded graphics engine, driven by Criterion's Renderware software.
Burnout 2: Point of Impact is currently available for the PlayStation®2 at a suggested retail price of $49.99.