What the NOLF2 1.1 patch does:
- Corrects an issue where a different audio codec installed on the user's system may be used instead of the provided codec, even if the provided codec is available on the system.
- Incorporates minor localization changes to ensure that U.S. players can join European servers and vice-versa.
If some sounds and speech are still missing after installing this update, then please follow these steps to correct the problem:
- If you have installed the Nimo Codec pack or any other 3rd party codec pack, uninstall it and the game, and then re-install the game.
- In your WindowsSystem folder (or WinntSystem32 if using Windows 2000 or XP), delete the "l3codeca.acm" file. If there's another file named "l3codecp.acm", delete this too.
- If using Windows 98 or ME, open the system.ini file in your Windowssystem folder, find the section labeled [drivers32], and delete ONLY the line that starts with "msacm.l3acm=". In the case of the Nimo codec pack, this will read "msacm.l3acm=l3codecp.acm"
- If using Windows 2000 or XP, open the system registry editor (regedit) and delete the following key:* "SoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionDrivers32msacm.l3acm"
- From your main Nolf2 installation folder, double click on the file named "WMFADist.exe" and follow on-screen instructions.
*If you are not familiar or comfortable with modifying the contents of the system registry, then please ask a qualified person for assistance.