Winter of the Wolf is the prequel to the critically-acclaimed, Battle Realms. The story recounts the history of the proud Wolf Clan and their rise from slavery under the tyrannical Lotus Clan. The Wolf Clan has suffered for decades in the brutal depths of the shale mines. Now, heroic Wolf Leader, Grayback must unite the fragmented Wolves leading them in their struggle for freedom, and saving their land from a fierce, magical winter. Players will journey through dark mines and snowbound forests in 12 all-new missions.
Winter of the Wolf also includes the following features:
- Eight all-new characters and four new Zen Masters exclusive to Winter of the Wolf
- Classic Wolf Clan weapons gain extra functionality as puzzle-solving elements - useful for breaking chains, smashing stone blockades, or burning away explosive gas
- A new winter setting offers new opportunities to enrich the "living world" - including slowed rice growth, steamy breath and footprints left in snow
- Improved multiplayer interface for easy matchmaking - up to 8 players over Internet or LAN
- Robust 3D engine, unique, "Living Resource System" and detailed combat model from the original game
Battle Realms: Winter of the Wolf will be sold with the original Battle Realms included for a suggested retail price of $29.99. Current Battle Realms owners will receive a $10 off discount with proof of purchase through mail-in rebate.