Redefining the image of the proverbial "mad scientist," players take on the role of Dr. Muto, a maniacal genius whose latest experiment accidentally destroyed his home planet, except for his laboratory. Now, the mad doctor must rebuild his decimated world by harvesting resources from other nearby planets, while dashing through a stylized universe -- encountering deadly challenges, freakish monstrosities, and battling his arch nemesis, the evil Professor Burnital.
Gamers assume the role of Dr. Muto and forge through vast levels on four distinct planetscapes: from the junkyard world of Totltec, to the half-drowned water world of Aquem, through the smog-choked skies of Flotos, and finally the forbidden mines of Mazon. Armed with his newest invention -- the Splizz-gun -- Dr. Muto morphs himself into a variety of DNA spliced-up creatures including an alien-spider, miniature mouse and hulking gorilla. By morphing, Dr. Muto gains each creature's abilities and physical attributes -- such as clinging to webs, squeezing into tight spaces and breathing underwater -- all to better crush, outwit and outlast his enemies.
"Once inside Dr. Muto's insane world, gamers will go mad morphing and mutating into various creatures in the quest for universal supremacy over Dr. Muto's arch nemesis," said Helene Sheeler, vice president of marketing, Midway.
* Morph into five strange creatures from a gorilla to a spider using Dr. Muto's Splizz-gun to accomplish tasks no human could achieve alone
* Explore 22 levels through four different worlds as players harvest resources and steal DNA to rebuild their home planet
* Experiment with the fauna found throughout each world to complete DNA formulas needed to morph into five different creatures, each with unique abilities
* Assemble and use fiendish devices, weapons and other gadgets that only Dr. Muto could invent
* Use each world's native Gomer -- genetically engineered slaves -- to trigger switches, activate puzzles and for any other purpose Dr. Muto deems necessary
* Overcome more than a dozen different enemy types including cybernetically modified robo-dogs, rent-a-cops and heavily armed security droids
* Ready yourself for a full-on fight with the chief boss of each world before battling face-to-face with your arch nemesis, the evil Professor Burnital, for universal supremacy
* DVD content includes a behind-the-scenes interview with the development team and a feature on the evolution of Dr. Muto's unique look