- Open-ended universe—Gamers can select to play random missions or follow the storyline. The universe is open for exploration, and the game advances based on decisions players make.
- Dynamic reputation—The players' reputations constantly evolve as they choose their missions, make allies or enemies and succeed or fail.
- Distinctive styles of play—Players can choose to act like bounty hunters, traders, pirates or explorers for different gameplay experiences.
- Trading—Commodity trading turns the gears of the universe. Mining planets churn out valuable minerals while agriculture planets cultivate grain. Players must find the best trade routes in order to profit.
- Compelling storyline—More than two hours of in-game cinematics plunge players into the mysteries of a vast planetary system. Character interaction will emotionally involve players in an intriguing and compelling storyline, giving them a sense of purpose.
- Vibrant, rich universe—Political intrigue permeates almost every aspect of the game. Players' decisions affect the dynamic relationships of other characters, and ultimately alter the gameplay experience.
- "Simple" combat interface—The intricacies of space combat can be mastered via a simple and intuitive mouse-driven interface.
- Multiplayer—Players may set up their own persistent world servers or play with gamers across the globe through Zone.com.
More articles about Freelancer