Nightcaster II: Equinox combines spell and melee combat as the husband-and-wife team of Arran and Madelyn use tactical skills and practical magic to battle goblins, trolls, dragons and other demons in a lush, 3D fantasy world. The original Nightcaster, published by Microsoft for Xbox, debuted last year. However, Nightcaster II: Equinox, sets itself apart from the previous edition by delivering dynamic graphics and a quickened game pace for the most intense spell-casting action yet.
Two players can work together to combat the creatures of the night, playing on the same screen. Dual analog control allows multi-directional firing so characters can cast a spell in one direction while moving in another. Additionally, as characters fight through the levels, they gain knowledge and skill, giving them heightened power. The player is constantly engaged – either by the more than 30 spells, four bosses or the nearly 40 enemies – and points are awarded for style as well as skill.
Nightcaster II: Equinox was developed and published by Jaleco Entertainment. It is due in stores mid-December.
“Truth be told, it is very hard to compare the first game with Nightcaster II,” said Jaleco Entertainment Producer Adam Maxwell. “Everything, even the game's environments, which are now lush and alive with custom shader effects, bump and specular mapping, have been given such a drastic overhaul that the two games don't really compare. This team has been working since the day Nightcaster shipped to create a new gaming adventure. Our one goal has been to make a game that is countless times better than the original.”
- Unique dual analog control system allows a player to simultaneously maneuver their character in one direction while accurately aiming spells in another direction.
- Over-the-top spells utilize every graphical advantage of the Xbox video game system for maximum visual impact and ferocity. Features more than 32 spells from 4 elementally opposed schools of magic: Fire & Water, Dark & Light.
- Players can choose to embark on their adventure as Madelyn, the warrior, or Arran, her husband and the hero of Nightcaster I.
- Earn style rewards by combining spell and melee skills to defeat your enemies in interesting and creative ways.
- Battle more than 35 types of goblins, trolls, dragons and other enemies, each with their own characteristics and attacks.
- Multiplayer allows 2 players to work cooperatively on the same screen and intensifies gameplay with new items and areas to explore.
- Lush environments with dynamic lighting, specular highlighting and bump mapping bring the world of Nightcaster to life.
- Interactive music score dynamically changes the tempo and intensity of the theme based on events in the world.
Nightcaster II: Equinox is rated T and will ship Dec10th.
For more information on Nightcaster II: Equinox, go to the Jaleco web site.