Echelon: Wind Warriors is expanding the futuristic universe of Echelon - the "first-rate flight-combat title that set some lofty new standards for a joystick-controlled game." (PC Gamer; August, 2001).
Echelon: Wind Warriors is the next evolution in futuristic flight combat that delivers the latest technical and gameplay innovations demanded by today's experienced game playing audience without sacrificing accessibility for newcomers. Players fly a variety of futuristic aircraft through a number of new missions set on a spectacular continent that takes seven hours of real-time flying to cross.
Set in 2351, players assume the role of major Jason "Wolf" Scott - one of the best Galactic Federation pilots - and work within their flight to achieve mission objectives. This first-person action game puts the player in tension filled white-knuckle combat over lush alien landscapes and towering cities as a member of an elite fighting force.
Echelon: Wind Warriors uses a proprietary 3D graphics engine that allows for spectacular effects, such as dust and particle effects, highly realistic environments, beautiful landscapes, detailed building models, more than 30 types of friendly and enemy craft, 100 vehicles, and over 100 additional objects. In addition to several single-player campaigns, Echelon: Wind Warriors will support several multiplayer options including deathmatch and co-op modes in a variety of game types.
- Spectacular 3D graphics allow for highly realistic environments and photo realistic landscapes, detailed building and vehicle models, and special effects such as dust, particle, and lighting effects
- Continent sized game environments feature more than 250 different types of vehicles and structures deployed on a massive scale
- Powerful command-and-control function that allows you to call in other craft, ground units (NEW!) and anti-aircraft (NEW!) for support in completing mission objectives
- Craft are equally easily joystick and mouse controllable - thanks to the innovative "Echelon-style" mouse control mode
- NEW single player campaign featuring more than 40 well-balanced missions
- NEW playable and non-playable units
- NEW types of weaponry including the deadliest plasma rockets
- NEW and elaborated system of multiplayer mode will include dedicated server support, new multiplayer arenas, chat and many more
Echelon: Wind Warriors is due to be released on PC CD Rom by Oxygen Interactive in March 03 (UK ONLY).