"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell is one of the year's best action games," said Ed Fries, vice president of Game Content, Xbox. "The intense storyline keeps you holding your breath with every step you take. The use of lighting in this game is not only stunning; it really improves the overall experience as the player blends into the shadows to avoid detection. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell really shows what Xbox is capable of as a console, and the developers have created a masterpiece that is sure to be a huge holiday hit."
You are Sam Fisher. A lone shadow-operative in a world where lost seconds can allow terrorist plans to become deadly reality. You operate in the heart of hostile territory. Spy. Steal. Destroy. Assassinate. Just don't ever be seen. Because when the stakes are this high, the choice between leaving a witness or a corpse is no choice at all. When two CIA agents mysteriously vanish in the former Soviet republic of Georgia, the NSA's secret sub agency, Third Echelon, deploys Sam Fisher-its most capable splinter cell operative-to recover them. Fisher soon uncovers a deeper conspiracy: a plot that threatens to destabilize the world order and spark nuclear conflict.
- Covert stealth-action featuring a compelling original storyline and characters inspired by the world of Tom Clancy and endorsed by the famous author.
- Revolutionary lighting, shadowing, animation, physics, and sound effects create an astonishingly realistic tension-filled experience.
- Diverse stealth techniques including sniping, split jumping, zip lining, rappelling, and using human shields bring gameplay possibilities to a new level.
- Experimental intelligence gadgets (night/thermal vision goggles, prototype weapons and surveillance gear, etc.) give Fisher the edge against his enemies.
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell carries a "T" (Teen) rating from the ESRB and will be priced at $49.99.