Neocron is now available nationwide with a monthly subscription rate of $9.95. Players will receive the first four weeks of play free of charge, with a bonus of two additional free weeks for all players registering on or before February 12, 2003. More information about "Neocron" is available at the CDV Neocron web site or the official Neocron website.
"Neocron"'s MMORPG action is set within the districts of the dark and foreboding city of Neocron. From the barren outskirts to the sultry red-light district, the city's densely populated regions feature roaming mutants, brutal anarchists, and genetically engineered humans.
Players choose among four different character classes, each with its own attributes and special abilities:
- Private Eyes, the well-rounded character with broad potential
- Smart and sneaky Spies
- Brutally aggressive GenTanks (Genetically Engineered Human Tanks)
- Supernaturally intelligent but physically weak PSI Monks
Characters hobnob in interactive nightclubs and conspire in outpost centers in more than 250 maps. Unique combat features include repairable armor implants and upgradeable weapons for greater destruction. Each faction acquires income by trading in the city districts, competing in missions, and hunting dangerous monsters as mercenaries.
Additional features include:
- Combination of role-playing and first-person shooter elements with real-time combat and targeting
- A virtually unlimited number of weapon systems created through combinations and extensions, including modifiable pistols, assault rifles, mines, and lasers
- Customizable appearance features, including gender, skin tone, clothing type and color
- Huge interactive areas, including the upscale ViaRosso, the barren Outzone and the club district in Pepper Park
- Balance of Power (BoP) engine that lets players transform their actions into share values for their factions and clans
- NavRay system that directs players to their destinations, saving them from meaningless excess search time
- Game within a game: Players can face each other in deathmatch arenas (holomatches) without losing skills or energy in the actual game