Drome Racers is a fast-paced “anything goes” game that will appeal to all ages and abilities with its varied, realistic terrains; sleek, LEGO Technic style cars; and road, off-road or drag racing.
- Multi-Challenge Races -- a series of stages of all-terrain tracks set in incredibly detailed environments, including city, mountain and canyon.
- Eighteen playable cars based on the 2002 LEGO Racers construction toy range geared to 8 -- 12 year olds. Cars are built to closely reflect models from each racing discipline of dragster, on- and off-road.
- Three modes of play including Arcade for instant play, Time Trial which allows players to race against the clock to beat their own lap time, or Career for story-based, multi-challenge racing league.
- Single- and multi-player capabilities; the latter supports up to four players on console platforms.
- Car customization allows players to select, adapt and fine-tune their vehicles based on the terrain. Place in the top three finishers and earn upgrades on the engine, tires, turbo, aerodynamics and more.
- Compete in three of the top forms of world-class motor racing: the Formula 1 style ‘Road’, the intense ‘Dragster’, or the tough-nut ‘Off-Road’
- Multiple “pick-ups” to help get players to the victory podium. Some of the pick-ups include: a “repellor,” which temporarily changes your Racer into a mini-jet, a “shield” which can be used to avoid challengers, a “disruptor field” which surrounds your Racer and knocks out power to your opponents, or a “speed boost” to grab that checkered flag. Rivals can also be delayed with the help of mines or hatchets.