"Battle Realms was such a critical success that pushed the RTS genre, we know fans are eagerly anticipating the new innovations Winter of the Wolf has to offer," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing, Ubi Soft Entertainment. "The 29.99 price and $10 rebate for current Battle Realms' owners is a cool incentive for both fans and those who have not yet tried Battle Realms to experience this state-of-the-art strategy game."
Winter of the Wolf is the prequel to the critically-acclaimed, Battle Realms. This add-on features extra missions, weapons, characters, and an all-new epic storyline that takes place seven years prior to the events in the original Battle Realms. The story recounts the history of the proud Wolf Clan and their rise from slavery under the tyrannical Lotus Clan. Players will journey through dark mines and snowbound forests in 12 all-new missions.
Winter of the Wolf also includes the following features:
- Eight all-new characters and four new Zen Masters exclusive to Winter of the Wolf
- Classic Wolf Clan weapons gain extra functionality as puzzle-solving elements - useful for breaking chains, smashing stone blockades, or burning away explosive gas
- new winter setting offers new opportunities to enrich the "living world" - including slowed rice growth, steamy breath and footprints left in snow
- mproved multiplayer interface for easy matchmaking - up to 8 players over Internet or LAN
- Robust 3D engine, unique, "Living Resource System" and detailed combat model from the original game