In the year 1999, while the Earth was embroiled in a global war, an alien vessel entered the planet's atmosphere and crashed on an island off the coast of Alaska. Initial examination of the craft (codenamed the SDF-1, or Super Dimensional Fortress One) revealed it to be some sort of giant battle fortress constructed of a science far beyond that of Earth, called Robotechnology.
Humans were no longer alone in the universe, and now faced the possible threat of superior alien forces. The nations of the world put aside their differences and joined together in order to share in this new technology and prepare for the planet's defense. The Robotech Defence Force, or RDF was assembled for the purpose of safeguarding the planet. Using Robotechnology, scientists created new weapons and vehicles.
Soon after the Earth government completed its repairs of the battle fortress, the vast Zentraedi armada appeared, bent on retrieving the SDF-1 and the secrets it contained. It is now up to you to save your planet for what is left of the Zentraedi forces.
You can choose one of four characters, prominent in the series – Rick Hunter, Roy Fokker, Max Sterling and Myria Sterling. Once you have selected your character your objective is to defeat the Zentraedi forces, who launch an assault on the SDF-1. Your final goals are simple, protect Earth, protect the SDF-1, and most importantly stay alive!!
Each level has been inspired by an episode from the original series. Fans of the series will appreciate the attention to detail kept by the Games developers. Newcomers will enjoy the game-play as they will have the ability to take on the enemy in different forms whether by land or by air and therefore experience the Robotech universe for the first time.
- Single player
- Enemies have point values associated with each of them. They are transformed into credits, which allow player to purchase weapons and enhancements on the SDF-1 (e.g. double shot, multi-missile etc.)
- Fly, run, hover, jump and shoot your way through 10 hard action levels.
- Play as one of four main characters: Rick Hunter, Roy Fokker, Max Sterling and Myria Sterling.
- Unlock secret playable characters and robots.
- 2-player cooperative link compatible game
- 4-player competitive link compatible game