- Artistic Activities:
1. Reflection Theory and DatGuy will be hosting a music jam Friday night from Midnight until 3am, exhibiting the latest in surround sound systems manufactured by Telex/Electro Voice. BAWLS high energy soft drinks will be distributed hourly to maintain the crowd's motivation.
2. Kiyash Monsef will provide a preview of his documentary "Gamers", tracing the history of Counter-Strike and exploring the evolution of the Counter-Strike community. This documentary demonstrates the friendships and relationships that have developed and been influenced by this popular game, and how the game has changed the gaming world.
3. DeviantART will exhibit the creative art work of several graphical artists, emphasizing these works as genuine art rather than a desktop trend.
4. Creativity will be on display in the Consummate Computer Competition (C3), wherein privately modified computers are judged and awarded based on aesthetics, ingenuity and performance tuning.
- Exhibition Activities:
1. Intel - In a brand new exhibition booth created for CPL events, attendees will have hands-on experience with the lightning fast speed of Intel's 3.06 GHz Pentium® 4 Processor. This processor introduces Hyper-Threading Technology - a fantastic advance for those that play games like Warcraft III, No One Lives Forever 2 and Unreal Tournament 2003. Additionally, Intel will be giving away different novelty items everyday beginning Thursday, including a limited supply of Warcraft III software.
2. NVIDIA and PNY - In a stunning booth are showcasing the GeForce FX GPU and giving away copies of NVIDIA NVDVD 2.0, a special level of Unreal Tournament 2003, PNY CDRs, as well as 1,000 limited edition GeForce FX shirts and posters, and will offer two opportunities per day to win an NVIDIA-based PNY Verto graphics card. Additionally, a drawing will be held for a grand prize certificate good for a PNY Verto GeForce FX graphics card.
3. CompUSA - In a large exhibition booth, will have a number of attractions, including classic arcade machines like PacMan and Donkey Kong, an intense competition featuring Unreal Championship on Xbox Live! and a large raffle with a PacMan classic arcade game for the grand prize. Also, each day of the event from 10am to 3pm, participants can order any product available at CompUSA stores right at the exhibition booth. All orders will be delivered direct to the CPL event and available for pick up at 5:00 PM the very same day.
4. BAWLS - BAWLS has allotted 14,760 bottles of their famous soft drink for distribution free at various times during the five-day event. A "Run Like Hell" PlayStation 2 competition and several "Dance Dance Revolution" practice sessions will also be hosted in the BAWLS exhibition space. For those that wish to take some BAWLS back home, BAWLS 12 packs will be for sale for $10 each at the exhibition booth.
5. Telex / ElectroVoice - This booth will power the booming "in your face" sound that will be heard throughout the entire event. Additionally, they'll have games and music at the booth to give everybody a chance to personally experience the new Telex/ElectroVoice Hardcore Multimedia line. >
6. NetFire - In their impressive new booth, NetFire is expected to surprise the gaming community with a few cool activities and maybe even a press release about their new services.
7. Shuttle Computers - Shuttle will display their XPC line of barebones systems that offer the highest performance, best upgradability, and lowest noise characteristics on a tiny platform. The XPC line allow gamers to have a portable system that performs on par, or better than, their traditional 'beige box' PC - at a fraction of the size and weight.
8. CaseAce - This booth will showcase the new GearGrip-Micro. The GearGrip-Micro, designed for the new Micro PC's, is the latest edition to the GearGrip product family, allowing gamers to travel in style with all of their gear to LAN parties and tournaments.
9. CPL Store - Will offer CPL t-shirts for sale at $15 each and maybe even a few CPL Winter Event posters.
On Friday, workshops are being held by Intel, NVIDIA and InovaPC Magazine. On Saturday the workshops will be lead by Cliff Bleszinski of Epic Games, Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software and Tom Mustaine & Richard Gray (aka Levelord) of Ritual Entertainment. The workshop schedule is located at: http://www.thecpl.com/winter/workshop.html
In addition to the prizes donated by major CPL sponsors, a number of other companies have also pledged items for daily raffles. For more information on the CPL raffles visit: http://avault.com/events/p4we2k2/raffle/
For those that cannot attend the event, Logitech is hosting a giveaway of 20,000 Logitech® Cordless Navigator DuoT Special Edition Mouse & Keyboard combinations. This online giveaway will take place on Friday, December 20, 2002 between 12:00 noon and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time at the following website: http://www.logitechcordless.com
- Other Sponsor Contributions:
Plantronics, the official headsets of the Winter Event, will be on display and will be offered in the daily raffles.
Analog Devices offers integrated high-performance sound for the tournament computers.
NETGEAR is powering 100% of the CPL network.
Belkin has provided almost ten miles of category-5 cable.
Games of 2015
Top Games of 2014
Beyond The Official CPL Tournaments
by Thomas on Dec. 17, 2002 @ 4:22 p.m. PST
- Artistic Activities: