"With a completely rebuilt graphics engine, new motion captured player animations, and new Career and Franchise modes, 'High Heat' should have it all this year," said Trip Hawkins, chief executive officer of The 3DO Company. "Diamondbacks(TM) pitcher Curt Schilling, the official 'High Heat' spokesperson, has brought us invaluable information about the subtle physics of pitching. With his input, we are bringing on-the-field gameplay to a new level and offering 27 individual pitch types."
New features for 'High Heat Major League Baseball 2004' include:
- Stunning graphics courtesy of all-new motion-capture, new animation system, and new graphics engine
- Career and Franchise modes including a complete Minor Leagues(TM) system (AAA, AA, A), player contracts and free agency
- Two On Two Showdown(TM) mode -- pick a pitcher and a batter and go head-to-head against another pitcher and batter in a fast-action one inning game
- Enhanced audio experience with hecklers, vendors, crowds, stadium announcer and two-man announcer team
- Improved advanced TruPlay(TM) A.I., for the most realistic batting, base running, fielding, pitching, and managing
- Game Tuning Menu allowing players to completely customize their game experience