The game takes place in a detailed science fiction universe and embraces an epic plot centered on the fate of Exodus civilization that once abandoned the dying Earth in search for a new world. The story leaves no sci-fi admirer indifferent and the gamer participates in a large-scale expedition covering several centuries in mysterious Pshychospere worlds. Perimeter does not copy other RTS products but instead offers a well-balanced combination of new terraforming principles and territorial wars with traditional strategy elements.
- Real-time terraforming influenced by the special units, explosions and natural geological processes. For the first time in strategy genre history the landscape is an active participant in combat, not just a static background.
- Territorial warfare. The gamer encircles terraformed and captured zones by static and impenetrable force cupolas that essentially change combat tactics as protecting perimeters of opposing parties annihilate.
- Combat units composed by the gamer are no longer integral during a mission. Owing to nanotechnologies they can be transformed right on the battlefield thus giving the player powerful tactical opportunities to adapt combat units to a particular situation.
- Energy obtained from terraformed surface is the main multi-purpose resource. The whole infrastructure controlled by the gamer makes up a united energy system. Thus even squads operating far from the clusters depend on their structure and energetic potential.
- Combat units are organized into squads. Thus the gamer does not need to control each unit and manages combat forces on the higher strategic level, giving orders to cluster groups.
- The gamer witnesses and participates in the life of Exodus civilization along an extended timeline. Perimeter takes place in a detailed science fiction universe and embraces an epic plot centered on the fate of Exodus civilization that once abandoned the dying Earth in search for a new world.
- Together with the Exodus the gamer will discover dangerous and mysterious Psychosphere worlds and link them to make the Great Chain. The split inside the Exodus will cause a clash inside the Exodus civilization and insanity will gradually reach the Exodus from inside.
Original Perimeter soundtrack perfectly reflects the unforgettable atmosphere of the game universe.
More articles about Perimeter