Some important changes in v1.06:
- tweaks to how research is conducted:
reduced Industrial Technology effectiveness from 10% to 5%
removal of research chits now acts as a reclamation with 50% cost
research gains in relation to enemy research level
- added South Atlantic/Suez Canal transport loop via new UK Suez port
- added Turkish port at Istanbul
- Soviet partisans now inflict a supply penalty by reducing the strength (variably) of any captured Soviet resource within 6 hexes when they first appear, simulates behind the line supply disruptions etc.
- extended the game's stalemate date to May 7, 1947 (1 extra year from previous versions)
- added TCP/IP play (PBEM and TCP/IP games are interchangeable, see the 'TCPIP Quick How To' guide in the Strategic Command installation directory for further details
For the full patch features list, visit:
Strategic Command offers 6 major campaigns- “Fall Weiss”, “Fall Gelb”, “Barbarossa”, “Fall Blau”, “Zitadelle”, “Overlord” which begin from 1939 to 1944. Each Campaign can be played beyond historical end of war date and into 1946! Game play is turn based with each turn lasting from 2 weeks to 1 month depending on the season. Designed for replayability and realism, options include fog of war, Free French forces, Partisans, scorched earth, thoroughly implemented features for sea transport, amphibious assaults, strategic bombing, industrial production, research and development, declarations of war, historical and random nation neutrality and allegiances as well as other political mechanisms.