Rally Championship is a unique combination of arcade and simulated style racing. The game, involving 6 different rallies, spans 24 hardcore stages over four separate regions of the world. Race in snowy Arctic terrains in Lapland, Finland; zoom along the Grand Canyon banks in the Rally USA; or enjoy an English sunset in either of the three prestigious British Rally Championship tracks of Scotland, Wales or the Manx. And if that's not enough of a challenge try the 6 additional Safari stages set amongst the great African dirt roads and wildlife.
Jump in the driving seat and experience the power of your selected licensed rally car. There are four completely separate classes of cars to choose from including Privateer, 1600 modified, 2 litre modified, Class A8, or unlock one of the three secret classic models.
Whichever you choose, prepare to feel the adrenaline rush as you challenge your own racing ability and get your driving skills up to speed in 'Quick Race' or 'Arcade' modes before proving yourself as a pro in the 'Career' mode where the bigger your bank balance the bigger the opportunities. Or if you'd prefer to challenge your friends go head to head in the 2-4 'Multiplayer' split screen mode.
- 29 officially licensed rally cars including the Subaru Imprezza class A8 cars, the Peugeot 206 class A8 car, Mitsubishi Evolutions and the Ford Escort.
- Co-Driver assistance: Let the co-driver worry about what's around the next corner, leaving you to concentrate on the driving.
- Highly sophisticated car damage system e.g. radiator damage will cause the car to eventually overheat and the engine to seize.
- Numerous car set-up options including tyre compounds and ride heights.
- New car physics with engines to simulate both 2-wheel and all-wheel drive car handling.
- Realistic and testing rally driving techniques including the 'Scandinavian flick', and 'Throttle-off over-steer'.
- Advanced weather effects' including snow, rain, sunsets & sun rises.
- Excellent rally car sound effects.
- Crowd participation - cheering clapping and waving the cars through each stage.
Quick Game: All of the licensed cars, but only some of the tracks.
Career: Race a complete rally season but earn the cash to buy the cars that could take you to the final stages.
Arcade: Coin-op style arcade gaming.
Multiplayer: Time trials, 2-player split-screen challenge or an amazing 4-player head rush.
Possum Bourne (Subaru Imprezza):
Owner of Possum Bourne Motorsport Ltd. Career Highlights: 1991 New Zealand Rally Champion, Asia Pacific Rally Champion in 1993, 1994 & 2000, Australian Rally Champion 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001 for a record 6th year in succession. The only driver to win all of the Southern Hemisphere-Pacific region championships. Sponsored by Subaru since 1983.
Mika Sohlberg (Ford Focus):
Owner of Malks Promotions, Finland Career Highlights: 1989 5th Finnish Rally Championship, 1990 7th British National Rally Championship, Winner Mazda Winter Rally, 1991 Winner British Open Series, 1992 4th Manatta 200, 1993 2nd Finnish Rally Championship, 1994 4th Finnish Rally Championship, 2001 3rd Finnish Rally Championship, 2002 5th Finnish Rally Championship & 4th Group A.
Kristian Kolberg: Norwegian champion. Marcus Dodd: Career Highlights: 2000 / 2001 National Rally Champion of Britain. Michal Gargulak: Autoklub Gatrak Rallysport.