Since its release in March 2001, Kohan: Immortal Sovereigns has won over 20 awards and nominations, including the coveted ‘Real-Time Strategy Game of the Year Award’ from three of the most influential gaming magazines in the industry - PC Gamer, Computer Gaming World and Computer Games Magazine. It has graced virtually every Holiday Buyer's Guide and End of Year List for 2001 and continues to receive recognition for its innovation and depth of gameplay from top media critics:
- Computer Gaming World Magazine - Strategy Game of the Year
- PC Gamer Magazine - Real-time Strategy Game of the Year
- Computer Games Magazine - Real-time Strategy Game of the Year
- GamesDomain - Strategy Game of the Year
- Gamepen - RTS Game of the Year
- GameVortex - PC Game of the Year
Kohan's unique blend of strategic and innovative gameplay will appeal to any strategy, tactical or RPG gamer. While adhering to some of the basics of traditional RTS style games, Kohan's distinctive economy model eliminates the need for micro management of resources, leaving the player with more time for strategic combat. With its company based combat system, use of military concepts such as formations, visual range, supply range and even morale, in addition to its gripping storyline and role-playing elements, players will become immersed in the lush and visually stunning fantasy land of Khaldun where dragons, spells and swords are common place.