- Graphics worthy of the gods - "Age of Mythology" features beautiful environments, buildings, units and special effects rendered in full 3-D using Ensemble's revolutionary game engine. Hundreds of unit animations bring the game world to life, as players see units fighting using a variety of attack and defense maneuvers. In addition to beautiful cascading waves and lifelike terrain, the special effects in "Age of Mythology" include waterspouts, infernos, lava, tornadoes, earthquakes and smoke with astonishing levels of detail.
- A game for everyone - "Age of Mythology" offers diverse game modes and a variety of settings for novice and experienced real-time strategy fans alike. In-game cinematic scenes create a seamless, story-based and character-driven campaign. In addition, "Age of Mythology" is easy to learn and use with an intuitive, streamlined interface.
- Replayability - The game offers more than 15 map types, 13 game variants and five starting conditions in its multiplayer lineup. The game supports massive replayability with the strategic depth of playing nine highly differentiated civilizations and the inclusion of a random map generator.
- To Hades and back - Players can now petition the gods for favors in the game. Persuade Ra to strike the center of an enemy's city with a meteor; enlist Thor to trap opponents in a snow squall; or beg Poseidon to swamp an attacking fleet. Players can reinforce their armies with Minotaurs, griffons, giants, Cyclopes and many other mythological creatures. In addition, players can seek out hidden treasures like the Golden Fleece and Hades' Helm of Invisibility while traveling through underworld domains, on the rough seas or in the midst of a vast desert.
- Divine gameplay true to the "Ages" - "Age of Mythology" preserves many familiar elements from the "Age of Empires" games - including wonders, technology trees, ages and civilization bonuses - while enabling skill-based combat decisions. Smarter units allow players to make better use of inherent strengths and terrain advantages.
- System Requirements: Pentium II 450mhz or equivalent, Win98/2000/XP, 128MB of memory, 640 of HD space, CD-ROM, MS Mouse or compatible pointing device, 16MB video card, optional 56K modem for online play
- Estimated Retail Price: $49.95
Availability: September 2002