Ubi Soft Futuristic Real-Time Strategy Game - Dark Planet: Battle for Natrolis - Goes Gold
Dark Planet: Battle for Natrolis features a single-player mode including three separate campaigns with additional tutorials, and four multiplayer modes that include up to 15 different games playable on ubi.com. With scalable game play, Dark Planet is easy to learn but a challenge to master, providing for all levels of skill. Deformable terrain in a highly detailed 3D world, and persistent effects of combat such as scorched earth and cratered terrain, all add to the game's overall feel allowing the player to become completely immersed in the world of Natrolis. For more information visit darkplanet.ubi.com.
"Dark Planet brings all the best elements of the greatest RTS games together in a single title, ultimately fulfilling on the promise of what a great RTS title can be," said Charles Harribey, Dark Planet's producer for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "At the same time, Dark Planet has a unique graphic look and feel that will appeal to both hardcore RTS fans and casual gamers."
"The RTS category has been around for a long time so we looked long and hard at what has worked and what hasn't in past games," said David Wightman, managing director of Edgies, the game's developer. "Gamers will find many familiar features in Dark Planet, but they'll also be pleasantly surprised by some of the first-time features, such as expanded multiplayer options and a full range of difficulty settings which promise to keep players engaged in the game for a long time."
Dark Planet Features
- A world with day and night cycles, plants that sway in the wind, and ambient creatures that have their own life cycles and AI.
- Realistic weather that affects your strategy. Rains slow down movement, wind patterns change, and nighttime brings darkness.
- Create and control some of the largest 3D units ever seen in a strategy game.
- True 3D engine with fully adjustable perspective, zoom, and viewing angle.
- Robust multiplayer options with several different modes including Domination, Capture the Flag and Campaign
- 3 unique races to play with different strategies for success: Colonists-High Tech (a sci-fi mechanized army), Sorin-Swords and Sorcery (a fantasy army with magic powers), Dreil-Monsters (use brute force and hive and cocooning behavior)
- Explore the extensive technology trees of the Sorin, Colonist, and Dreil forces. Each collects a unique resource.Feel the persistent effects of combat like destroyed structures, scorched earth deformed terrain and more.