"We've crafted all new single player levels, new weapons and our most ruthless enemies yet with 'Serious Sam: The Second Encounter,'" said Roman Ribaric, CEO of Croteam, Ltd. "We were blown away by the gaming community's response to the release of the first 'Serious Sam' and now gamers everywhere are sure to find the perfect sequel in 'The Second Encounter.'"
Having successfully defeated the Mental forces in ancient Egypt, Sam "Serious" Stone seizes an abandoned spacecraft. On course in his crusade to finish off the evil Mental, our hero's spaceship suddenly tumbles into the South American Mountains - Sam seems destined to stay on Earth. He must fight the tougher, now more experienced members of Mental's destructive forces and find a new way to reach the notorious Mental himself.
"Serious Sam: The Second Encounter" offers numerous multiplayer options including the highly acclaimed "Serious Warped Deathmatch" MOD (Version 3) created by A Few Screws Loose. Players can join forces against the swarm of enemies in cooperative play through all single-player levels, an option rarely delivered in the first-person shooter genre. Players may utilize the multiplayer option via LAN and Internet for up to 16 players in six different multiplayer modes and over 20 multiplayer maps. Plus exclusive split screen support on a single computer for up to four players.
- Seven new fiends added to Mental's evil army, in addition to all your old enemies
- Over 20 multiplayer levels
- Three all new weapons: Flamethrower, Sniper Rifle with 8X zoom and the ultra-wicked Chainsaw
- 12 new single player levels plus over 15 multiplayer levels for Scorematch and Deathmatch
- a HUGE addition to the "Serious Sam" Universe
- Four power-ups: Serious Speed, Serious Damage, Invulnerability and Invisibility for a twist to the classic Doom-style gameplay "Serious Sam" is famous for
- Seriously Warped Deathmatch right out of the box, plus expanded Deathmatch straight from Croteam