Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza combines the exciting elements of the original blockbuster movie with a pulse-pounding adventure game set in an interactive 3D environment. This single-player game features an event-driven storyline that follows John McClain in his life and death struggle to overcome a group of greedy terrorists, and in the process, save his wife, the other hostages, and hopefully himself. Staying true to the original story, the entire game takes place in the 40-story Nakatomi Plaza office building on Christmas Eve, with our hero "accidentally" called upon to thwart a large-scale burglary attempt by a band of trigger-happy terrorists. By the end of the night, only McClain's stealth manoeuvres, desperately crazy antics, and witty comebacks will save the hostages and thwart the terrorists.
- 40 single-player levels-one on each floor of the Nakatomi Plaza
- Missions are based on the film but also include many unique never-before-seen scenarios
- A bag-inspired inventory system allows players to store weapons and devices
- Weapons include: M-60, Heckler & Koch HK P7M13, Beretta 92F-plus a CB radio, and McClain's police badge
- Different Die Hard friends and foes star in the game-terrorists, hostages, police, the S.W.A.T team, and even the well-meaning Officer Powell
- Nakatomi Plaza is re-created in exacting detail per the blockbuster Die Hard movie