"Warlords Battlecry II is sure to excite hardcore and casual gamers alike delivering an unparalleled gaming experience as players see their heroes rise and fall on their way to becoming ruler of all Etheria," said Garrett Graham, producer of Warlords Battlecry II for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "With new races, a brand new terrain engine and map editor, more spells, and lotsmore, Warlords Battlecry II is more than just another sequel, it takes the award-winning gaming experience of Warlords Battlecry to the next level."
"Warlords Battlecry II is a unique hybrid with the replayability of an RTS title and the depth of an RPG, bringing the best of both genres together in a single game," said Gregor Whiley, producer of Warlords Battlecry II for Strategic Studies Group. "With all of the new capabilities including, auto-spellcasting, the dynamic campaign, and enhanced AI, Warlords Battlecry II lets players concentrate on what they really like to do most, fighting."
Warlords Battlecry II Features:
- Height Mapped Terrain - Clever generals will use height and obstacles in the all-new lush height-mapped terrain to their advantage.
- Almost 140 Different Units - Everything is here, from the tiny Sylph, to the mighty Moon King on his Golden Dragon.
- Auto-Spellcasting - Spellcasters can now be set to cast offensive & defensive spells intelligently and (more importantly) automatically.
- Multiplayer - Built on top of SSG's stable and fast multiplayer engine, Warlords Battlecry II can handle 6 players via IPX LAN, TCP/IP LAN, or 4 players over the Internet (or 2 via Head-to-Head Modem).
- In-Game Matchmaking Service - Ubi.com support is totally integrated into Battlecry II, giving it a flexible & easy-to-use matchmaking service.
- A New Campaign - Choose any hero and any side to battle over the whole of Etheria with our new open-ended, dynamic, non-linear Campaign. Fight duels, beat off invasions, capture territory and use your hard-earned cash to purchase powerful magical artifacts.
- Awesome Graphics Engine - Scar the ground with Dragon breath; track down enemies who leave footsteps in the snow; soak the ground with blood in action-packed battles. Particle & lighting effects complete a truly remarkable graphical experience.
- CD Quality Orchestral Score - almost half an hour of original Celtic/Orchestral music.
- Titans - Each side has the ability to summon a Titan - an immensely powerful god-like character who can wipe the floor with your enemies, if you can afford the resources to build one.
- Enhanced Computer AI - SSG's proprietary AI gives you unparalleled pathfinding and incredibly cunning opponents.
- Customizable Side AI - Choose from our many new customizable AI's or download new AI's from the SSG website.
- Customizable Unit AI - Lots of new interesting attitudes available for your units. New attitudes will be made available on the SSG website.
- Map Editor - Create your own battles with our integrated Map Editor. Our entire event-scripting system has been made available and is waiting for clever map-designers.
- Powerful Resource Collection - Our simple system of resource conversion removes the need for players to micro-manage their bases & resource collection, and lets them concentrate on the important things: like FIGHTING!
- Units Gain Experience - As the battle progresses, your units gain experience, get awarded medals, and can gain new levels.
- Retinue - After a battle, your most experienced units can join your Hero's Retinue, ready to fight alongside him in future battles. Other powerful units can be enticed to join your side by paying a hefty bribe.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows® 95/98/ME/2000/XP
- Pentium® II 350 MHz PC or compatible (Pentium III 450 or AMD® K6-3 500 or greater recommended)
- 845 MB of hard disk space
- 64MB RAM (128 MB or greater recommended)
- 8X CD-ROM
- DirectX compatible video adapter with 4MB of memory and a Color SVGA Monitor
- 8 MB video card (DirectX 8 compatible)
- Windows compatible pointing device
- Support for 1- 6 players LAN 1-4 players Internet (56K Modem or faster required)
- DirectX 8.1 (included on CD)
- DirectPlay compatible modem for Internet play
- Internet or LAN connection for multiplayer
About Strategic Studies Group
Founded in 1982, Strategic Studies Group (SSG) is a totally independent game company headquartered in Australia. SSG began with a vision to make the best computer strategy games in the world, and for 20 years, the company has created award winning, best-selling computer strategy games that strategy gamers love. For more information, please visit the official SSG website.
About Ubi Soft Entertainment
Ubi Soft Entertainment is a global producer, publisher and international distributor of interactive entertainment products. A leading company in the industry, Ubi Soft's strong and diversified lineup has grown considerably over the past couple of years. As well as developing original properties, Ubi Soft has also steadfastly partnered with several high-profile companies and is dedicated to delivering consumers quality videogame titles while offering blockbuster franchises. Founded in 1986, the company has offices in 22 countries including the United States, Canada, France, Germany and China and sells its products in a total of 52 countries. For more information about Ubi Soft, please visit the official UbiSoft Website.