Giant Green Ogre on Wheels Crosses the Finish Line
"Combining the thrill of a racing game with the magic of 'Shrek' proved an ingenious move," said Stefan Serwe, Vice President of Marketing at TDK Mediactive. "This is the third title based on the movie and highlights familiar humor and characters. The title distinguishes itself with a challenging race course that keeps players thumbing the controls for hours."
About "Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway"
Shrek has always loved his home-sweet-swamp, but ever since Lord Farquaad declared his land the "Kingdom's Grand Dumping Ground" there has been more junk around than any ogre needs. Now Shrek finds himself amidst the kingdom's not-so-grand trash and must find a way to get rid of it. So, Shrek has put the trash to work for him, creating the greatest racing vehicle of all time-Shrek's lean, mean ogre kart. Now Shrek and the fairy tale troops are ready to compete in the zaniest roadster challenge ever. Only one question remains: Who will be victorious in the race for the Dragon's treasure?
"Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway," a racing adventure title for the Game Boy Advance, boasts a myriad of exciting tracks, including flat and rolling terrain and challenging hairpin turns. With special power-ups, players enhance the chance of winning races, but driving skill and racing strategy will still win the day.
"Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway" features include:
- 16 unique racetracks with a mixture of different themes from famous fairy tales and the film (Swamp, Forest, Castle, and Countryside)
- Single player and multi-player options in the game
- Four good magical power-ups for weapons enhancement and two evil magical power-ups that do harm
- Special kart controls that allows power slide cornering around hairpin twists and turns
- Eight immediate playable characters and four bad bosses to defeat, unlock and play.