With scalable gameplay, Dark Planet is easy to learn but a challenge to master, providing for all levels of skill. Deformable terrain in a highly detailed 3D world, and persistent effects of combat such as scorched earth and cratered terrain, all add to the game's overall feel allowing the player to become completely immersed in the world of Natrolis.
"Dark Planet features some of the largest 3D units ever available in an RTS title, and with realistic weather, night and day cycles, and dynamic terrain, gamers are sure to enjoy the original feel of this title." said Charles Harribey, Dark Planet's producer for Ubi Soft Entertainment. "In order to be successful in this game, you'll have to develop different strategies from mission to mission, which is one of the short comings with the single player modes of many RTS titles, where once you've come up with a single way of working the game is pretty much over."
"We've taken a lot of time with Dark Planet ensuring that it has high replay value and the three races greatly contribute to that end," said David Wightman, managing director of Edgies, the game's developer. "Veteran RTS gamers will feel like they're experiencing three entirely different games given the different goals, resources and strategies for each individual race, and players of all skill levels will appreciate the scalable gameplay and beautiful 3D environment."
Dark Planet Features :
· A world with day and night cycles, plants that sway in the wind, and ambient creatures that have their own life cycles and AI.
· Realistic weather that affects your strategy. Rains slow down movement, wind patterns change, and nighttime brings darkness.
· True 3D engine with fully adjustable perspective, zoom, and viewing angle.
· Robust multiplayer options with several different modes including Domination, Capture the Flag and Campaign
· Explore the extensive technology trees of the Sorin, Colonist, and Dreil forces. Each collects a unique resource.
· Feel the persistent effects of combat like destroyed structures, scorched earth deformed terrain and more.
· Create and control some of the largest 3D units ever seen in a strategy game.
Minimum System Requirements
· Windows® 95/98/ME/2000 or XP
· Pentium® II 400 or AMD® K6-3 400 (Pentium III or AMD K6-3 600 recommended)
· 64 MB RAM (128 MB Recommended)
· DirectX 8.0a (included on disc)
· 3D Video card w/16 MB RAM (DirectX 8 compatible) 32MB RAM recommended
· Sound card (Direct X 8.0 compatible)
· 56K Modem for Internet play (DSL or cable modem recommended)
Edgies is an award winning video games Development Studio, based in Edinburgh, Scotland. Set up in 1989, the company initially developed games for the home market in Europe, laying the foundations for worldwide coverage. Edgies expanded into Japan and North America, where a string of award wining titles were released. Dark Planet is the first in a line of Real Time Strategy games where Edgies stated intention is to push the genre beyond expectation and become one of the world's most successful companies in this product category.