"As an original title designed for Xbox, the development team at High Voltage Software has been working closely in conjunction with White Wolf Publishing to make Hunter: The Reckoning the purist gaming experience immersed in the rich fiction of White Wolf's World of Darkness," stated Jim Molitor, President of Digital Mayhem at Interplay Entertainment Corp.
In the world of Hunter, there is evil everywhere, but now a mysterious force has imbued a chosen few humans with not just the knowledge of the evil, but the power to do something about it. Played from a third person perspective, Hunter: The Reckoning drops players in the nightmarish setting of modern day Hunters. Creatures of the dark disguised as everyday mortals plague humankind. Players can assume the role of one of four Hunter characters, in either single player or cooperative 4-player multiplayer mode, each endowed with unique supernatural abilities that become more diverse and powerful as players progress through 20 plus levels conquering evil. Hunter: The Reckoning has already secured outstanding accolades and previews from many key online and print gaming media.
- Single or multiplayer madness! 1 – 4 Hunters battle evil – all on the same screen.
- Non-stop action through 23 heart-stopping environments, including a cemetery, gothic church, train station and prison.
- Unload both barrels on 20 types of monsters from zombies to werewolves to vampires, including 7 insane boss characters.
- Deal out the damage with over 20 melee, ranged and spell weapons including axes, shotguns, swords and flamethrowers. Secret Unlockable characters and character variants for gamers to discover.
- Take apart your enemies piece-by-piece by dismembering heads, arms and legs.
- Movement Independent Targeting technology makes use of both analog sticks to allow the player to simultaneously move and shoot in different directions.
- Characters skills and stats improve throughout the game to make them even more deadly.
Hunter features an alternative music soundtrack featuring the hot new industrial rock band COMA. Hunter's chilling theme song "Numb", produced by COMA, is highlighted in an exclusive new Hunter video trailer scheduled to debut this Halloween, October 31. The first Hunter trailer introducing the four main playable characters, entitled "CREED" is available for viewing NOW at the press only website for Hunter. Get ready ... the Reckoning is coming