All 10 international teams and 2 minnow nation teams are included, as well as bonus all time squads for the major nations. Test matches as well as One-day Internationals will also be included for this game. So for the first time all teams will have both white and colour kits. Other new game options will include World Championship, World Series, Sharjah Trophy, Practice Nets, Exhibition match and Knockout Tournaments.
Our new AI system will have opposing teams playing as they do in real life, given that team statistics and tactics will be simulated more accurately than ever before.
For the Cricketing buff there will be no end to the detail. A large variety of statistical graphs will be available including run rate, wagon wheel graphs, as well as a huge amount of statistical data on every player that will track over the course of a tournament. The game will revolve around a full TV style presentation including a full action replay mode, third umpire, animated ducks, TV style overlays, field position editor and much more. The field position editor will allow for auto or manual fielding.
Over 22 stadia will be modeled for the game from all over the world, including Lords in England, Calcutta, Melbourne, Auckland, Cape Town, Barbados and Lahore. The detail in the stadia is amazing. Stand up crowds and little details such as the telegraph poles in the background all add to an authentic gaming experience.
EA SPORTS Cricket 2002 - PC will truly be a hallmark game, not only for Cricket, but also for all sport simulations.
Key Platform Specific Features
- All the international teams and players.
- Full licenses from the ACB, ECB, NZ Cricket and the South African Cricket team.
- 22 accurately modeled stadia, including various pitch types and conditions, detailed weather effects, and night modes for * Day/Night matches
- Astonishingly high detail in the players’ faces and bodies. * The equipment, such as bats, gloves and pads, also feature incredible detail.
- Commentary by the legendary Richie Benaud , Jim Maxwell and Bill Lawry.
- Huge depth of gameplay including hidden teams and tournaments.
- Simple and intuitive controls improving on the best features from previous cricket games. Batting control includes the ability to charge the bowler, and bowling includes spin, seam and pace control.
- Huge 3D stadium sound effects based on real crowd sounds from all over the world. Crowd effects change to reflect peaks and troughs in the game
- Pitches reflect the real conditions around the world and will wear over the course of a test match
- TV style gameplay including TV overlays and a detailed replay feature allowing the player to view the action from an infinite number of camera angles (including of course stump cam and helmet cam).
- Player Editor allows players to change the features of current team members to your own local team.
- Flexible play allows the player to be fully involved in the selection of batsmen and bowlers and the placing of fielders. * Chose manual fielding, or simply let the intelligent AI position your fielders for you.
Ship Date: May 2002