“Deathrow has the perfect combination of aggressive hand-to-hand combat, third person action and cooperative team play to appeal to action, fighting and sports gamers alike,” said Anne Blondel, director of third-party development, Europe, at Ubi Soft Entertainment. “This is an incredibly competitive game that will definitely pump up your heart rate as you experience all of the intensity and action it has to offer.”
The object of Deathrow is for you to win matches by whatever means necessary, either by scoring as many points as possible before time runs out, or by severely injuring your opponents and removing them from the field of combat. As the game begins, two teams of four players square off in a combat arena to compete in an intense, unmediated slugfest to determine the champion. As you engage in fierce hand-to-hand combat with highly intelligent AI opponents seeking retribution for not only themselves, but also for their fallen teammates, you’ll soon understand the sacrifices necessary to become the supreme team of the league.
Deathrow has a team management component allowing you to customize your own team according to your style of play. You can build your players’ statistics from match to match while gaining speed and power bonuses. Injured players can be healed between rounds if you have enough money, or you must save your winnings to buy them back. With more than 130 unique characters, dozens of holds, and over 800 base animations, Deathrow is graphically immersive and intense.
Deathrow also features:
- Multiplayer support for up to 8 players
- Highly detailed characters, modeled using more than 55 bones each for life-like movement, and up to 7000 polygons each for a realistic character shape.
- Facial animation capable of blinking and talking, and expressing pain, anger, happiness and other moods
- More than 15 combat sports arena locations, each with their own unique architecture and gameplay elements
- 13 playable teams, each with their own background, special abilities, and motivation for competing
- Automatic victory if you remove all of your opponent’s players from the field of combat
- Xbox effects such as bump-mapping, specular lighting and bumped reflection mapping
- The ability for users to import their own music
Deathrow is scheduled to ship to retail shelves worldwide in Autumn 2002
About SouthEnd Interactive
SouthEnd Interactive is a Swedish game developer founded in 1998. Southend Interactive is dedicated to deliver exceptional computer games aimed at the serious gamer demanding high performance, cutting edge graphics and game play to match.
Their mission is to create the most visually stunning games ever seen with new innovative ways of delivering excellent playability. To aid this, SouthEnd Interactive is developing a highly advanced 3D engine and character animation system to suit today's as well as tomorrow's demands for visually compelling games. For more information about SouthEnd, visit http://www.southend-interactive.com