Here are some things to look forward to:
- remote server admin including kicking and banning
- In game voting for kicking and map rotation
- The ability to refresh favorite servers
- The ability to refresh only servers on screen
- The ability to save the server list and not do a full refresh on game start
- A whole new set of filters. Yippee!
- The server browser now knows about the different versions so you can see what server is what version.
- AFK kick as a server side option
- IP banning! Bu-bye you annoying TKers!
- Improvement to best weapon selection key
- Shooting your teammate will cost you money so you can forget about that medic trick
- Server side option to force balanced teams when you join
- Tac map will show enemies that are outdoors. This should add a whole new level of strategy to games with an IO
- Server optimizations and bugfixes (especially for the linux server)
In addition some nasty bugs will be fixed including the following (and this is only a partial list):
- The mouse wheel bug
- the muzzle flash bug
- Some shots are not making it to the server and back. There are 4 (yes FOUR) bugs that are fixed here. This is where the sniper frustration comes from.
- FF/VIP issue fixed.
- Grenade issues fixed
- reload problem fixed...again! This time for good!
- Fix for the jiggies
There are a bunch more smaller bug fixes and we will also be trying to fix any other bugs that we can reproduce.
2.0 should make it out before the european release (it is in replication now) and there will be a new DEMO with the 2.0 code for all of you to play.