1.07 is not net-game compatible with older versions. everyone need to upgrade - both servers and clients save games and demos are retained from older versions to 1.07
NOTE: Installing this patch will reset your video, audio, network and game settings. This is needed to reapply new fixed settings for some configurations. Player settings, demos, save games and any scripts that you wrote will remain. (I.e., PersistentSymbols.ini is reset to all defaults.).
- network connection recoded to use only UDP protocol, what should fix problems with some users that couldn't connect
- skeletal animation system and Serious SKA Studio
- added stereo rendering support for red/cyan glasses
- fixed slow loading problems with Voodoo cards
- some joysticks without POV hat reported POV hat as always pressed - resulting in inability to bind commands
- sound notification for chat message was missing in SE
- scripted commands (like list/rlist/kick/rkick) didn't load automatically in SE
- inp_i2ndMousePort is now 0 by default. if you want to use the second mouse enable it manually. it caused problems for some users that didn't have the second mouse.
- bend-over cheat has reappeared in SS:SE
- jump-crouch cheat has reappeared in SS:SE
- fixed receiving frags in fragmatch while dead (like from a rocket that you fired before dying)
- servers of incompatible versions as now shown as dimmed in the server browser