CAPCOM'S RESIDENT EVIL®, AN ALL NEW SURVIVAL HORROR MASTERPIECE COMES TO NINTENDO® GAMECUBE IN TWO DISKS OF RAW FEAR
-BOASTS THE MOST REALISTIC VISUALS IN A VIDEO GAME EVER-The Nintendo GameCube state-of-the-art technology delivers a whole new gaming experience with the most stunning graphics of any game ever created. Motion-captured animation and richly detailed graphics truly make Resident Evil come alive. Rooms illuminate with real-time lightning from flash thunderstorms and shadows and reflections appear in glass windows to provide unprecedented detailed environments. Capcom prepares to scare the world like never before as
players experience unparalleled realism in the first Resident Evil game for the Nintendo GameCube. Resident Evil carries a "M" rating for mature audiences from the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board).
"The goal in developing Resident Evil for GameCube was to achieve motion picture quality visuals and create even more suspense and fear than the original," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. "There are millions and millions of Resident Evil fans around the world who will be completely amazed when they see Resident Evil on GameCube. The game has been completely redone. So many details have been added to this version that fans new and old will be awestruck. We look forward to bringing the entire series to GameCube so gamers can enjoy all Resident Evil games on the system."
Capcom is brings the following new features to Resident Evil:
* First "2-Disk" GameCube Product - Unlike the original Resident Evil, the GameCube version is so advanced that it requires two roms in order to fit the entire game. This marks the first ever "2-disk " product for Nintendo's premier system.
* The Crimson Head System - Players, prepare to scream! This new creature system will leave players with an all-new level of unpredictability and fear. The undead is now truly undead as even when a zombie is killed, it can re-animate over time becoming a crimson head zombie. When in this form, the zombie is quicker, more agile and operates with a more frenzied hunger than ever before.
* Unmatched visuals - Resident Evil visuals surpass any game ever created on any system. Simple things like the spinning of a fan blade are shown with tremendous detail in both light sourcing and shadow effects. The number of character polygons exceeds all previous standards.
* Fully updated combat system - Resident Evil allows players to not only attack with a gun, but use other items as weapons or for protection.
There will be moments in the game when players must make split-second decisions in order to survive. Players will be forced to either use their gun or an item in the area as a way to survive.
* New stages! - Resident Evil will include new areas to explore to further the visual appeal and add new story items to the overall plot.
* Rendered opening movie - Resident Evil for the GameCube will feature a fully rendered opening sequence.
* More features to be announced! - As development furthers, Capcom will announce more details on new features that add new dimensions to the Resident Evil universe.
In Resident Evil, a secluded mansion in Raccoon City has been the center of top-secret biotech experiments - all funded by a mysterious corporation known only as Umbrella. When contact with the scientists at the mansion is broken and reports of gory attacks come in from areas nearby, two Special Tactics and Rescue Squads (S.T.A.R.S.) - made up of Bravo and Alpha Teams - are sent in to investigate. Bravo team vanishes almost immediately. Alpha Team is chased into the nearby foreboding mansion by a pack of monstrous creatures. Once inside the adventure of Resident Evil begins.
Resident Evil players control Alpha Team member Jill Valentine, the tough demolitions expert, or Chris Redfield, the slacker pilot and sharpshooter of S.T.A.R.S. As they embark upon a horrific quest through a dark and mysterious mansion filled with the unimaginable - the walking dead - a number of useable weapons aid them in their quest. An entire arsenal can be claimed throughout the adventure including, bazookas, shotguns, pistols, knives, matches, medicine, and maps. All of these items are an absolute necessity as the house is alive with acid-spitting zombies, giant spiders, horrid frog-like creatures, mutant dogs and a host of other tricks and traps guaranteed to evoke fear and an unwavering desire to finish the game.